Blue emerald

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

jm28121977

Blue emerald

Post by jm28121977 »

Hello

Only a minor (and purely aesthetic) request, but would it be possible for a blue-coloured emerald to be added to the level editor please?

This might seem like a strange thing to ask but, in four-player games, all players can have a key that matches their colour, but only the red, yellow and green players have emeralds that match their colour. So if there's a level where four players are running down parallel corridors collecting emeralds, the blue one has to collect purple emeralds whereas the others can collect the right colour. Similarly for levels where all players start in different rooms, or can only access rooms with their colour key.

I know diamonds are blue, but they're worth a different amount of points and they look different, whereas blue emeralds would match nicely.

Translation: please can the whole world revolve around me and my OCD?

Best wishes
Jamie x
filbo

Re: Blue emerald

Post by filbo »

You can do this with custom artwork for your levelsets (just make the purple emerald appear blue)
armanelgtron

Post by armanelgtron »

For some odd reason I decided to mess with the idea... just drop these into the graphics folder in your levelset's folder
Attachments
graphicsinfo.conf
(641 Bytes) Downloaded 226 times
BlueEmerald.png
BlueEmerald.png (1.47 KiB) Viewed 5115 times
jm28121977

Post by jm28121977 »

Thanks so much, armanelgtron. It worked. I owe you a beer.

Best wishes
Jamie x