First post here

Discussion around programming R'n'D, its source code and its tools.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

The Rancid Dos Monks

First post here

Post by The Rancid Dos Monks »

Trying this post as I just had one disappear...
Holger
Site Admin

Re: First post here

Post by Holger »

Hi, welcome to the R'n'D forum! :)
Trying this post as I just had one disappear...
The first two posts have to be (manually) moderated, so they did not show up immediately. Both are now visible! (Sorry, but this is the only way to reliably prevent tons of forum spam.)
The Rancid Dos Monks

Thanks! :)

Makes sense, I missed the notification after pressing the post button.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Just found out (well, better to say that I forgot about) that the first three posts have to be approved. Or more precisely, unless there are three approved posts, new posts have to be approved (so your 3rd and 4th post also had to be approved here, as there were only two approved posts until then).

And it seems that new users do not get a notification about their first posts having to be approved before they appear in the public forum. But at least you should have received a notification (by mail, I assume) as soon as they had been approved.

Maybe I should add this information to the text on the registration page, but then, I'm not sure if anybody really reads it... ;-)
The Rancid Dos Monks

Sounds correct, but FYI I didn't get any notification of approval but when posting those first comments, after pressing the 'post' button, there's a message saying they need approval before appearing. I missed that message when I posted my first comment. In case I caused you confusion.... :)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yes, thanks, that's good to know (that there is indeed a notification message after posting those first posts). But strange that apparently there was no approval mail later.

I think I should just try it out for myself with a temporary dummy account...