DOS Supaplex Graphics

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

SLAPPYHAPPY2000

DOS Supaplex Graphics

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

So a while back, my boy Eizzoux made a post called "R'n'D nostalgia graphics", which made all the graphics from version 1.3.0 available. Go check out the topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2753&p=15865
Anyways, one thing that ABSOLUTELY PISSED ME OFF was the fact that some of the Supaplex graphics were from the original DOS Supaplex, while some were in the HD Rocks'n'Diamonds style. The clash was extremely jarring!
And since we already have a full HD Supaplex spritesheet, I painstakingly made all the sprites from the DOS version to work in Rocks'n'Diamonds. Just right click the image to save it and put it in your graphics folder, and you can play Supaplex almost like it was back in 1991

(Note: The sprites that are not in the 8-bit style don't appear in the in-game classic Supaplex levelset, so I did not bother to change them.)
Attachments
DOS Spritesheet, all the sprites are remade.
DOS Spritesheet, all the sprites are remade.
RocksSP.png (50.1 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
Eizzoux

[Zipped] DOS Supaplex Graphics

Post by Eizzoux »

Maybe it's better to package it as a separate graphics pack, so you don't need to replace original files. Simple action, just few seconds to do, here it is as separate graphics pack:
gfx_dos_supaplex.zip
(49.48 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Installation:
  • Unzip the .zip archive and drag the folder "gfx_dos_supaplex" into "...\Rocks'n'diamonds\graphics\",
  • Open the game, go to Setup>Custom Artwork>Custom Graphics, choose DOS SUPAPLEX,
  • Done.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Re: [Zipped] DOS Supaplex Graphics

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

Eizzoux wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:46 pm Maybe it's better to package it as a separate graphics pack, so you don't need to replace original files. Simple action, just few seconds to do, here it is as separate graphics pack:
gfx_dos_supaplex.zip
Installation:
  • Unzip the .zip archive and drag the folder "gfx_dos_supaplex" into "...\Rocks'n'diamonds\graphics\",
  • Open the game, go to Setup>Custom Artwork>Custom Graphics, choose DOS SUPAPLEX,
  • Done.
Thanks.