RocksBusy.png Custom Spritesheet for levelset?

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

SLAPPYHAPPY2000

RocksBusy.png Custom Spritesheet for levelset?

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

I made this (obviously unfinished) hourglass repaint in a sprite editor program, and it has the same size as the original, and the same image format as the original (.png). However, unlike other sprite sheet repaints, the RocksBusy (hourglass) doesn't work if you just drag it into a folder! No one that I know of tried this, so maybe that is why I can't do this, but maybe you can help, Holger?

Thank!
Attachments
RocksBusy.png
RocksBusy.png (6.92 KiB) Viewed 6011 times
Eizzoux

Re: RocksBusy.png Custom Spritesheet for levelset?

Post by Eizzoux »

That's because it doesn't get preloaded before the other graphics, the game just isn't able to sort out the graphics which are appearing before loading the levelset. Same thing goes for font.initial_1, font.initial_2, font.initial_3 and font.initial_4, they're showing up on the loading screen before the game even fully loads, so they can't be replaced. Maybe, it may be possible to somewhat make initial graphics to be replaceable by forcing the game to first go into completely null PRELOADING screen where it first loads special separate CONF and required graphics for font.initial_X and init.busy if they exist in the levelset, but I'm not quite sure about that possibility.
P.S.: Also, even if that could be possible, then it would probably require to load window and playfield dimensions as well, but I'd doubt if it would be a good idea.
𒈟
SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

I see. Thanks anyways.
You're a pretty talented R'n'D texture maker, right?
Could you tell me if to make custom graphics, it's a good or bad idea to modify the original PNG spritesheets?
Thanks!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

As Eizzoux wrote, you cannot redefine "global.busy" or "font.initial_x" for custom level sets.

However, you *can* do that when starting R'n'D with changed configuration defaults -- see "R'n'D Jue II" as an example how to do that; especially, have a look at "conf/setup.conf", which redefines the "default_graphics_set".