Emerald Mine engine with all elements

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

armanelgtron

Emerald Mine engine with all elements

Post by armanelgtron »

Apologies if this question has already been asked somewhere, but a quick search on these forums didn't reveal anything.

Is it possible to use the Emerald Mine engine (or at least replicate it's behavior like moving latency, 1 element player explosion, and the player always facing down when not moving) but be able to use elements that would otherwise not be available?
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Emerald Mine engine with all elements

Post by Holger »

No, I think this question hasn't been asked before.

If you use the Emerald Mine engine, you can only use Emerald Mine (and Emerald Mine Club) elements in your levels. There are no plans to add more game elements to this game engine (especially not game elements already existing in the R'n'D game engine), and I think it wouldn't make much sense either.

Regarding attempts to replicate of the behaviour of the Emerald Mine engine with the R'n'D game engine, I'm not sure if I understand for what it might be good for, especially when trying to replicate its limitations like the moving latency, which really feels wrong when playing, but is caused by the Emerald Mine game engine being a synchronouos game engine, which in fact has its advantages regarding engine complexity.

Maybe it helps if I know what you are tyring to achieve exactly! :-)
armanelgtron

Re: Emerald Mine engine with all elements

Post by armanelgtron »

I'm trying to replicate another Emerald Mine -based game which has some of the characteristics and timing of the Emerald Mine engine, but uses elements (well, just enemies IIRC) that are similar but not quite the same as the spaceship and bug (slightly different speeds [which is alright I suppose] and no turn speed delay and no gems when something is dropped on them)