Levelsets in 2020?

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Levelsets in 2020?

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

Are you guys still open for levelset sending in 2020? I am currently working on something big...
I hope I am not the only one who still loves Rock's'n'Diamonds to death... :oops:
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Levlesets in 2020?

Post by Holger »

Are you guys still open for levelset sending in 2020?
Definitely yes! :-)
I hope I am not the only one who still loves Rock's'n'Diamonds to death... :oops:
Definitely not! ;-)
I am currently working on something big...
I know that the "Contributions" package looks orphaned when looking at the last date it was updated, but I still plan to do a new release!

Meanwhile, the R'n'D forum is a good place to release new level sets to be downloaded by other players! And some time I will hopefully pick them up and put them into a brand new Contributions level collection! :-)
Papas

Re: Levlesets in 2020?

Post by Papas »

I published two levelset a month ago
Eizzoux

Re: Levelsets in 2020?

Post by Eizzoux »

Not sure, but I'm still somewhat working on some things and tweaking some small things in them... yeah, somewhat...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

altermaven

Post by altermaven »

Here's a new Supaplex levelset for your 2020.
Holger: can you convert this to your shiny RnD format and push this to the page if you can?

"The Promotech Incident" is a brand new 111-level set. I've spent a good 8 months fleshing it out in proper Supaplex and using the editors available to me. It's 100% solvable, has a backstory, and in classic Levelset 10 fashion, has an included hint file for a nudge of what you're expected to face.

This is my first completed project in 17 years. Frankly, life and other shenenigans caused this gap. But here it is!

And since R'n'D is free, I figured I'd drop it here! Happy solving, denizens!
Attachments
supaplex-promotek.zip
"The Promotek Incident" by Altermaven
(42.1 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Runs the Interesting Output project.
Supaplex Levelset 10, 1-69 author, f.k.a. AlterT.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I have to apologize for answering this post only after three months...! :o

Looks like cool stuff! I will add it to my Supaplex collection for R'n'D, if you like, so then it would look best when played in R'n'D, I think.
Holger: can you convert this to your shiny RnD format and push this to the page if you can?
Adding native Supaplex level sets to R'n'D is extremely easy (well, if one knows what to do):

Just add a file "levelinfo.conf" to the directory "supaplex-promotek" with something like the following in it:

Code: Select all

name:                           The Promotek Incident
author:                         Altermaven
year:                           2020

levels:                         111
first_level:                    1

filename:                       LEVELS.DAT
filetype:                       SP
That's all -- then just throw it into your "levels" directory (either in the package directory (not so good, as you want to update the game from time to time) or in your personal R'n'D directory (that's much better), which is something like "Documents/Rocks'n'Diamonds/levels" on Windows/Mac and "~/.rocksndiamonds/levels" on Linux systems).

Then restart the game and select the new level set from the "levelsets" menu! :-)

If you have the Supaplex level collection package installed, also add the following lines to "levelinfo.conf" for an even better Supaplex experience:

Code: Select all

graphics_set:                   gfx_supaplex_other
sounds_set:                     snd_supaplex_original
music_set:                      mus_supaplex_alternative
I've added the above, plus two simple title message screens (and two help files to show only Supaplex elements on the info screen) and created a new Zip achive, which you can find attached to this post.

Just extract to your "levels" directory and have fun!

Thank you very much, Altermaven, for creating a new Supaplex level set, and for also making it available for R'n'D! :-)
Attachments
supaplex-promotek-rnd.zip
The Promotek Incident (playable in R'n'D)
(47.37 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

And if you have finished "The Promotek Incident" and think you need more, here it is:

"Return to Promotek"

Also packaged for instant access from within R'n'D.

Thanks again to Altermaven for another 111 levels of Supaplex fun! :)
Attachments
return-to-promotek-rnd.zip
Return to Promotek (playable in R'n'D)
(45.43 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
altermaven

Post by altermaven »

Holger wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:09 pm And if you have finished "The Promotek Incident" and think you need more, here it is:

"Return to Promotek"

Also packaged for instant access from within R'n'D.

Thanks again to Altermaven for another 111 levels of Supaplex fun! :)
Cheers, Holger, for providing the packaging for R'n'D. Now, everyone using this game can enjoy the slightly more than 2 years of labor (Promotek was released in June; this recent one, Return to Promotek, was a few days ago!). 222 levels, 1 author. These releases are under my new "Alchemystics Design" umbrella, but I promise a decent challenge with these two combined sets. Time to get solving, tester!
Runs the Interesting Output project.
Supaplex Levelset 10, 1-69 author, f.k.a. AlterT.