Mirror Magic early

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Mirror Magic early

Post by Eizzoux »

Holger wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:03 pm Image

This is a very early development version that was never officially released (of course). I have no freaking idea when, how or from where it came from!

You can see that this version still has the very old "Amiga theme" artwork set (including the famous Amiga bouncing ball), before I later changed it to the current "Magic theme" (where those Amiga balls were changed to "magic kettles" etc.).

Maybe I should add this old artwork set as an option to the current, R'n'D based Mirror Magic... I may also put those old Amgia disk images online for download (especially the never released "golden master" from "Time Warp Software").
So, basically... I tried to recreate it... kind of... only visually, of course...
mme1.png
mme1.png (105.6 KiB) Viewed 13041 times
mme2.png
mme2.png (145.67 KiB) Viewed 13041 times
As you can see, I made it as raw and blend as the original one: interface is basically empty, some elements has different graphic (including bouncing ball of Amiga instead of kettle), menu having no toons, numbers before the option names in menu, etc.
And of course, that animated Mirror Magic text!
Honeycam 2019-12-20 20-56-00.gif
Honeycam 2019-12-20 20-56-00.gif (99.33 KiB) Viewed 13041 times
It's just graphics set, not a levelset, so put it in "...\Rocks'n'diamonds\graphics\"
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!