Not all actions are present for the Global Anim actions

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Not all actions are present for the Global Anim actions

Post by Eizzoux »

The problem is that I want to force the anims to click on specific menu elements just like what 'anim_event_action' is ought to do.
So here's the anims:

Code: Select all

global.anim_1.part_1.MAINONLY.anim_event:		end:anim_2.part_1
global.anim_1.part_1.MAINONLY.anim_event_action:	main.button.first_level
global.anim_2.part_1.MAINONLY.anim_delay_fixed:		400
global.anim_2.part_1.MAINONLY.anim_delay_random:	400
As you can see, 'anim_1' is forced to animate and click on 'main.button.first_level' after 'anim_2' runs out of time and ends after 400 frames. But this does not happen. Maybe because 'main.button.first_level' button can't recognized by anims just yet. Same thing is for 'main.text.first_level'. By that logic, the anims probably won't recognize 'main.button.last_level', 'main.text.last_level', 'main.button.level_number' and (just maybe) 'main.text.level_number'.
Here's another example:

Code: Select all

global.anim_3.part_1.MAINONLY.anim_event:		click
global.anim_3.part_1.MAINONLY.anim_event_action:	main.text.name
In here I made the button for switching between "TEAM" and "NAME", because clicking specifically on 'main.text.name' (not 'main.button.name' or 'main.input.name') makes the game toggle the "Multi-player mode" on and off.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

Eizzoux

Re: Not all actions are present for the Global Anim actions

Post by Eizzoux »

Only later I realized that it was partly my mistake here. Instead of using the object itself, that being 'main.button.first_level' (and last_level), I have to use the sprite itself for the anim action, which is 'menu.button_first_level' (and button_last_level). Feels a little unintuitive, but once I got it, I guess it isn't that much of an issue anymore...
Well, actually... What about the text ones? How do I make global anim click on texts?
For context, in Android Viewport I added a button which has to click on 'main.text.name' for switching between team play and single play, since there's no such respective button on main menu. But because it doesn't know this object and doesn't really take it as a sprite to click on, it just does nothing instead.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!