36 interesting levels

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Vellidragon

36 interesting levels

Post by Vellidragon »

Hey all!

This is "Excursion", a small collection of levels I originally started in 2011. I hadn't been playing Rocks'n'Diamonds for quite a while but decided to get back into it and finish these up for sharing.

These are 36 largely experimental levels using the elements that come with R'n'D; that is, no fancy custom things, but rather an attempt to make something creative (and oftentimes very difficult) with what is already there, from riding balloons to remote-controlling a penguin.

Never tried sharing levels before, so I hope this works. Have fun!
Attachments
Excursion.zip
(17.37 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
ncrecc

Re: 36 interesting levels

Post by ncrecc »

These are really good levels; lots of unique ideas born from just the default elements in RnD, and some pretty good (though, often, way too difficult for me) puzzles in compact space and with few mechanics. (Gravedig, yes, but it's a shame no-one commented on this levelset.)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Thanks, ncrecc, for bringing this old topic to my attention -- apparently I totally oversaw it! (Probably due to vacation or whatever! :o )

Indeed, these levels look well thought out and sophisticated, but in fact very tricky! :shock:

Well done, Vellidragon! :D
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Just added this level set to the high score server, so you can now watch a bunch of solution tapes, if you like. (Only after you have tried hard enough to solve the corresponding level for yourself, of course. ;-) )
Vellidragon

Post by Vellidragon »

Wow, it's been quite some time! Thanks for digging these up, haha.

I actually came back to the game recently and had a look at them, but I noticed one of the levels (Shafts) had the gem requirement set 1 too high, making it really unsolvable! I uploaded a fixed version of the pack to my own webhosting just now, which you can get here (it's unchanged apart from the fix).

https://games.lanschilandia.com/downloads/Excursion.zip

Sadly, I don't know how that's going to affect the online score tables. :?
jm28121977

Post by jm28121977 »

Hey Vellidragon,

I'd like to echo what ncrecc and Holger have said: this is a beautifully-designed levelset. Some really clever puzzles that have forced me think - just the kind of levels I love playing.

On a separate note: I'm loving Lanschilandia. Currently on Bordeline Chaos and laughing hard at every comic. I'm limiting myself to about four or five strips per day, as I have a habit of binging on things I like then feeling sad that they're over so quickly.

Jamie x
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I actually came back to the game recently and had a look at them, but I noticed one of the levels (Shafts) had the gem requirement set 1 too high, making it really unsolvable! I uploaded a fixed version of the pack to my own webhosting just now, which you can get here (it's unchanged apart from the fix).
Thanks! I've also updated it on the high score server! Only level 028 was affected, just as you described it.
Sadly, I don't know how that's going to affect the online score tables. :?
Absolutely no problem -- all existing score entries for your level set are still valid! :)
Vellidragon

Post by Vellidragon »

That's good to hear, thanks for the update! :)

And thanks for giving my comic a read, Jamie!
jm28121977

Post by jm28121977 »

Is level 9 really possible? I just can't see how to blow up the wall adjacent to the exit (without committing suicide, that is). Please can I have a hint?