setuseronfire --user=RebeccaSip

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

filbo

setuseronfire --user=RebeccaSip

Post by filbo »

So, is there a 'new user's posts are invisible until vetted by an admin, until admin unsets that flag' flag in phpBB?

And a 'limit to 2 unvetted posts per user' setting?
Holger
Site Admin

Re: setuseronfire --user=RebeccaSip

Post by Holger »

Such settings would be great (and would really be useful for cases like this SPAM user), but unfortunately I don't know of any of such settings for pbpBB3. :-(

I was on vacation last week, so I could not delete this user and posts immediately. :-(

Indeed, there really should be better SPAM protection and SPAM counter measures for phpBB3.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: setuseronfire --user=RebeccaSip

Post by Holger »

So, is there a 'new user's posts are invisible until vetted by an admin, until admin unsets that flag' flag in phpBB?

And a 'limit to 2 unvetted posts per user' setting?
OK, I've deeply checked this again, and did a lot of googling, and did even more testing (which you might have noticed, if you're subscribed to this sub-forum) -- what you described is indeed possible using the (IMHO) highly complex phpBB3 permission system. It seems that I was able to configure it that way (the first three posts of a new forum user are invisible and have to be approved by the forum admin). (And I think it should be fine to set it to 2 or even 1 after some testing time.)

From what I've read from my googling, what I have configured now apparently are the default settings of a newly set up phpBB3!! :-o

The reason I had to do it manually (and it was a lot of work, as it has to be manually configured for each sub-forum) can only be that I converted the old phpBB2 forum to phpBB3 once -- I assume that the previous settings were taken from the old forum, so I had to reconstruct the "default" settings manually. :-(

I have tested around a bit, and apparently it works well! So I can now go on vacation without having to fear lots of SPAM posts in the forum when I come back! :-)

If all works well after some more time for testing this new feature, it should then also be possible to deactivate admin activation for new accounts, as new posts won't appear without admin interaction.