levels by a. buschbeck, sascha mücke, lee brewer etc

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ellipirelli

Re: levels by a. buschbeck, sascha mücke, lee brewer etc

Post by ellipirelli »

PS: ''42 steps" was created by Francesco S. Carta. It's a very nice single level, which works with graphics, sounds and music of the game ''snake bite'' by Alan Bond. :D
ellipirelli

Post by ellipirelli »

More about the 4 level sets by A.Buschbeck: This link https://web.archive.org/web/20070831031 ... index.html leads to his archived homepage. Some can be clicked and even downloaded, try it out for yourself. By clicking on Elements Preview (right, without picture) you can see several animated graphic elements. The "docs_elements" are written especially for its levels.

But you can also find them in contributions_3 from the Rnd download page (rnd_andreas_buschbeck) and in contributions_3 [not contributions_4!!!] from Martijn´s Boulder Dash Fansite (rnd_andreas_buschbeck, rnd_ab_levelset2, 3 and4) here: http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html

I've downloaded (unfortunately only 3) original levelsets, sound and graphic files. I tried the level packages - they can really be installed if you have created a folder in the game under "levels" and enter the appropriate path in "extract to".
Attachments
docs_elements.zip
(22.91 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
a buschbeck.zip
(3.15 MiB) Downloaded 310 times
AndrY

Post by AndrY »

ellipirelli wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:49 pm Here are some Supaplex-Levelsets, I´ve found in a winplex-forum. You can make a folder "AndrY 1, AndrY 2...", rename every collection to levels.dat or levels.d00, levels.d01..., make a levelinfo for every folder. Have fun!
The author is AndrY.
hello:)
just found me here and decided to register

i didnt much play in RnD, is its physics the same as in original Supaplex?
Just Winplex have some extra bugs (features) as moving falling bomb or eating falling infotrons with space. There are more also:/ but these 2 are main.
Also in Winplex if you go outside the left bound of a level, you return from the right; and viceversa (but it doesnt work for scissors and other objects).

All the collections before 2014 were made for Supaplex, but they were corrected to be possible in Winplex.
All the collections from 2014 to 2015 were made for Winplex, and me not sure its pos to finish some levels in usual Supaplex. But (as i remember) i specially didnt use these extra tricks in these collections. But there is travelling across level bounds in few levs:) and invisible blocks.

Made new 2020 collection month ago (here http://elma-andry.wmsite.ru/files/dlja-winplex), but some of its levels uses Winplex tricks (1st, 4th, 23th and maybe some more), invisible blocks (21th ad some more), freezing (18th, 26th, 27th, 32th), travelling across level bounds (38th and some more).
It will be need some work mb to remake it for RnD:)
(btw this collection includes all the Classic Collection remixes (smaller than originals, but tricky), which have to be pos in any version of the game)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Hello AndrY, welcome to the forum (one post too late, sorry)! :-D
i didnt much play in RnD, is its physics the same as in original Supaplex?
Yes, the game engine ist 100% identical to the original DOS game (even when using dirty tricks and bugs, like moving Murphy into uninitialized DOS memory when leaving the playfield to the top or bottom in levels without indestructible top or bottom borders -- but there are only very few levels that really used such dirty tricks). The engine code is based on a disassembly of the original game.
Also in Winplex if you go outside the left bound of a level, you return from the right; and viceversa (but it doesnt work for scissors and other objects).
Yes, this also works in the original Supaplex game engine.
All the collections from 2014 to 2015 were made for Winplex, and me not sure its pos to finish some levels in usual Supaplex. But (as i remember) i specially didnt use these extra tricks in these collections. But there is travelling across level bounds in few levs:) and invisible blocks.
At least all levels that do not use special tricks and bugs should also work, hopefully. :)

I also have a bunch of Winplex levels in my archive, but haven't added them to the Supaplex level collection for R'n'D so far. They are currently a bit unsorted, so maybe I will contact you before adding them to that level set!
AndrY

Post by AndrY »

Holger wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:37 am I also have a bunch of Winplex levels in my archive
wow, would be cool to see them (in supaplex version)! :D
probably dont have some

btw, if you need, one good person made an archive, where are many supaplex/winplex https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2bfX/rFva7 ... %98%D0%98/ and even maybe some RnD https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2bfX/rFva7 ... %20Levels/ collections. There are also some game editors and other useful things, but didnt check all that while.