Tiny earth

Discussion around programming R'n'D, its source code and its tools.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Alan

Tiny earth

Post by Alan »

Save it as a HTA, run it, yada-yada.

Code: Select all

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Tiny earth</TITLE>
<HTA:application id="frmMain" applicationname="frmMain" singleinstance="yes" showintaskbar="yes"
maximizeButton="no" minimizeButton="no" border="thin" navigable="yes" windowState="normal"
contextmenu="no"/></HEAD><SCRIPT language="VBScript">Option Explicit:Dim MainLoopInt
Sub Window_OnLoad:Self.ResizeTo 400,400:Self.MoveTo (Screen.Width/2)-256,(Screen.Height/2)-256
MainLoopInt = Window.SetInterval ("MainLoop", 1)
Map.style.filter ="progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.glow(color=#000070, strength=7)"
End Sub
Sub MainLoop():map.style.pixelleft=map.style.pixelleft-1
if map.style.pixelleft =-518 then map.style.pixelleft =0
End Sub	
</SCRIPT><BODY scroll="no" style="margin:0;background.color:#5050FF;">
<div id="Map" style="position:absolute;font-family:webdings;font-size:400;color:#905020" />ûû</div>
<div id="Ball" style="position:absolute;font-family:wingdings;font-size:900;Left:-200;Top:-296;" />£</div>
</BODY></HTML>
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

Alan, how the hell do you do this?! :lol:
Where do the graphics come from?
Alan

Post by Alan »

3 Wingdings! :-)

Two of them are the full map of the earth (ûû) this wraps around horizontally. The other is a circle with a hole in it (£). I use this second wingding as a large mask.

Wingdings and Webdings both have some very cool game like graphics. (Symbol font also has all the playing card shapes......hummmm)
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

Alan wrote:3 Wingdings! :-)

Two of them are the full map of the earth (ûû) this wraps around horizontally. The other is a circle with a hole in it (£). I use this second wingding as a large mask.
That's a really good idea! And the map is rather exact if you know that it was made of letters...
Alan

Post by Alan »

You can zoom into the earth by resizing the font in the loop (style.fontsize). Sort of like Google Earth Alpha ;-) But I just couldn't get the thing centered right (font sizes are weird in CSS)

When I did this, it gave me another idea......if you zoom right upto any continent then it looks like a golf course! (Western Europe would be a tricky hole).

World Golf :lol: