A huge maze

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

A huge maze

Post by Zomis »

http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=630

Created with RND Scripter and a mazecreation script. I'm still working on improving that script though, because it takes a lot of time to generate mazes. And I'm planning on making a more advanced maze generation later. Like mazes with checkpoints, mazes with teleporters, mazes with one-directional passages, loops, more than one solution, and 3D mazes.
As it sounds, this is a long term project. I'm also working on an AStar pathfinding script which finds the solutions to these mazes, but currently - that script is even slower than the creation script :(

I just spent 6 minutes and 24 seconds walking 2975 steps to solve the maze :)
asiekierka

:O

Post by asiekierka »

3D MAZES? aMAZING!

I think we could do it with plenty of CEs. Like, 2 for walls, some for directions, some (or many) for generating stuff, 2 for showing walls if needed, 2 for hiding them, or somebody knows MORE efficent way?
GraphicsPack project: 90%
IconXT project: 100% (version final is ready)
Zomis

Re: :O

Post by Zomis »

asiekierka wrote:3D MAZES? aMAZING!

I think we could do it with plenty of CEs. Like, 2 for walls, some for directions, some (or many) for generating stuff, 2 for showing walls if needed, 2 for hiding them, or somebody knows MORE efficent way?
Yes, it's possible. Checkout Francesco's Multifloor maze. But I'll try to do it with less CEs.

And the maze will not be generated while playing RnD (using CEs), it will be generated using a RnD Scripter script. So the mazes won't be "dynamic".

However, I still haven't started the 3d-maze generation script.
asiekierka

Post by asiekierka »

I've had an idea to use CEs for changing from black to highlighted and back, and making a 2d map for CE reference.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

asiekierka wrote:I've had an idea to use CEs for changing from black to highlighted and back, and making a 2d map for CE reference.
I don't see how that accociates with maze making. But make that level and I'll have a look at it afterwards.
asiekierka

Post by asiekierka »

No time for RnD these days...
I wanted to use the CEs to show 3d walls instead of normal maze.
BrownSky

Re: A huge maze

Post by BrownSky »

Anyone got an old copy of this, downloaded yonks (not zonks) ago?

cheers

John