Restart without going to main menu

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

Restart without going to main menu

Post by Zomis »

A newbie to RnD told me that it's bad that you can't restart the game without going to main menu. So I was thinking: Good idea! A simple button or something (how that would be solved for already existing levelsets with graphics, I don't know...) to restart the level (without pressing Esc to quit and then start again) would be a good idea.

Not a very important idea for experienced players, but a bit important for newbies who fail a couple of times on each level...
RTADash

Re: Restart without going to main menu

Post by RTADash »

Zomis wrote:(how that would be solved for already existing levelsets with graphics, I don't know...)
You could assign it to a key and then have a message that says: "press 'key' to restart level". How about 'R' for restart - easy enough :wink: .
Those who can't learn will teach; those who can't teach will learn.
Davacardo

Post by Davacardo »

This is one option I think that should definitely be implemented.
Forty-niner

Post by Forty-niner »

Until then, you can just save at the beginning: you can then load it until you save again.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Forty-niner wrote:Until then, you can just save at the beginning: you can then load it until you save again.
Well, yes. That's possible as well. But I think that few newbies now about that.
Nathan H.

Post by Nathan H. »

Personally I'm so used to hitting escape then enter (or F2) that it makes no difference to me. But you're right, I didn't know you could save and load for a long time. :wink: (not to mention snapping!)