15 Level - Snake bite; stuck

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Jeremy-Bailey

15 Level - Snake bite; stuck

Post by Jeremy-Bailey »

Hey all. Great game by the way, becoming quite addicting. I am currently on level 15 and I am stuck (actually stuck on a lot, like level 4, the intro to the rats, so on and so forth, but this one I am really trying to pass)
I got the idea of how the venom bouncing from place to place goes. I got the two boulders to break and the wooden box to move (where the big X is). I'm assuming that block takes care of the venom below (two together, then one, right along the candycane like door). but afterwards, I'm stuck. I killed off the venom balls (five in a row) to get the key, but I think the balls are valuable for the spike room (being I see five boulders).
That's about it. I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated! thanks!
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Hello and Welcome to the forum!

To view the solution, you can at the main menu type ":ist" on your keyboard and the solution tape will be loaded. Solution tapes is avalible for many levelsets you can find. Then press the Play button on the tape recorder (bottom right corner of the game screen) to play the solution tape.

Don't make it a bad habit to use this feature too often ;)
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Actually, the way Alan packaged the tapes in "Snake Bite", the solutions can not be viewed easily this way.

First, you have to copy all of the tapes in the "tapes/Snake_Bite" folder to the "tapes" folder.

Then you can use the cheat code that Zomis mentioned.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Jeremy-Bailey

Post by Jeremy-Bailey »

for whastever reason, my keyboard doesn't work at all in the menu, only during gameplay. this is the 3.2.3 version, the older one that is preinstalled on mandriva 2007.1 spring works.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry I messed up with the tapes in Snakebite (I didn't know at the time), anyway the idea is to get the block from the large X all the way down to the column of five bubbles. In the long corridor below the X room you place the block in front of the two venoms (not the single one), this moves it right twice....quickly push it up to avoid the single venom then carefully get it to the bubble room.

The idea was, you can't turn a rotator unless its next to something (otherwise it moves) so we need the block. Once turned the five venom going round and round in the bottom right room will be deflected into the bubbles (provided you didn't disable any of them ;-) ). There's a much worse bit after this, but I won't spoil the fun...
Jeremy-Bailey

Post by Jeremy-Bailey »

Once I understood it better (having a block behind the rotating device to activate), i pretty much knew what to do.
after doing that, I found the bouncing area or whatever easy. it was the next step afterwards where I didn't know what to do.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Once I understood it better (having a block behind the rotating device to activate), i pretty much knew what to do.
This is described at the start of the level in an envelope......
Jeremy-Bailey

Post by Jeremy-Bailey »

the ending was confusing. I had gathered that the venom would hit the block, and two would hit and break the boulder to get the key. but I saw no way of doing this in the speed I was thinking.
i cheated some, going into level creator, and removing some things to help, but the very end looked confusing too, how to break that boulder to exit
Alan

Post by Alan »

;-)

Remember after leaving the X room you use the two venom to move the block? Hopefully you also left the single venom bouncing around in there, you use this (with the rotator) to burst the bubble.

Anyways, I agree it is too hard (the whole game is really)