Joystick issue

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

diamondrocker

Joystick issue

Post by diamondrocker »

Hello, this is my first post :) congrats for a very funny and entertaining game, but i have an joystick issue :S
In the menu, i can only choose.. not "go back".. i dont know if its my joystick thats faulty but.. it´s an usb Thrustmaster (playstation-like).
It would be nice to have one "accept" button and one "go back"
AND, in the game, more important, when i die.. i must press the keyboard to restart the level.. this is very annoying when you´re sitting in the sofa enjoying the game :) Is there some fix for this?
edit: i have the latest 3.2.3 version

thanks /Mats from sweden
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Hej och välkommen Mats ;)
Or as we say internationally:
Hello and welcome Mats :)

I think you're suggesting two very easy - and yet extremly important - things.

About "Go back" and "Accept": RnD makes the distinction between "Ok" and "Cancel" when you choose in the setup menu between "Exit" and "Save and exit" (and yet this could also be a little confusing because if I'm not mistaken Exit actually uses your new settings until you restart the game, so maybe a "Cancel" option should be added here...). Maybe the current "Go back" option should be renamed to "Accept" so that it is clear what it actually does? (I can see before my eyes someone looking all across the screen for a "Accept" option but not finding anyone, so they think: "What's the meaning with a configuration setup if you can't save your settings?"). ;)

About pressing the keyboard to restart: Yes, this should be fixed indeed! If I were playing RnD on a joystick, I would be so frustrated and get so sick of having to reach over to press the keyboard instead of just pressing the joystick! (No, I am not kidding here ;)). Holger will probably fix this issue very soon (as soon as he gets home from his vacation... which should be pretty soon now...)

I hope you can stand the pain of having to press the keyboard until then ;)
diamondrocker

Post by diamondrocker »

now there seems to be more problems w the joy, when click the setup , it freezes and i cant do anything.. i have to use the mouse to get out of there :S this is strange.. anyone else who uses joystick have similar problems?
diamondrocker

Post by diamondrocker »

and when i exit the levelset, the joy get a "turbo" effect and its nearly impossible to press up or down and hit the right option :/ i think holger should have a real checkup on the joystick department, cause this is very strange indeed :S