Problem uploading avatar to forum

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Gavin

Problem uploading avatar to forum

Post by Gavin »

I get this at the top of the screen
Warning: copy(./images/avatars/160399123465875eebba31.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/artsoft/data_current/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 288

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/artsoft/data_current/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/artsoft/data_current/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/artsoft/data_current/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/artsoft/data_current/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/artsoft/data_current/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/artsoft/data_current/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 486
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Seems like there's a bug with opening an avatar (probably your own - if you have one?). Holger is on vacation now but he'll be back later, and when he's back I'm sure he'll look into the problem.

Until then, can you live with those messages? If not, then I'm afraid the only way to get rid of them is to change your avatar (again, if you have any. I can't see your avatar and I don't get an error message, and I can't recall that I've seen you with an avatar either). So maybe the message will go away by itself (let's hope so...)

Sorry that there's not more I can do.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I get the message only when I try to upload an avatar of my own.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Same story here. :cry:

I not saying that red x's are ugly or anything. Please don't take offense, all you little red x's with white backgrounds out there!
Those who can't learn will teach; those who can't teach will learn.
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Shouldn't this be in "Off Topic" since it isn't an R'n'D bug report?
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Daniel H. wrote:Shouldn't this be in "Off Topic" since it isn't an R'n'D bug report?
True. Moved.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I get the message only when I try to upload an avatar of my own.

Thank you for this bug report -- this was a permission problem caused by the server change some time ago

It should be fixed now -- please try uploading your avatar again! :)
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

<<<< :D

Thank you, Holger!!
Those who can't learn will teach; those who can't teach will learn.