Music problems...

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Yoshi348

Music problems...

Post by Yoshi348 »

Okay, I set a music to play during the main screen. Now, I can't figure out how to get it to STOP playing during gameplay. A cursory examination of the source only gave me the idea of adding a "background.PLAYING [NONE]" line, which didn't work.
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

Update: I managed to solve the problem by changing all the [NONE]s (except for just plain background) to a sort of "null" wav file (specifically empty.wav from the game itself). Still, this may or may not be considered a bug.

EDIT: Strike that. I knew empty.wav wasn't REALLY empty, but I thought I could use a .mode_loop: false to stop it from playing forever. Unfortunately, now that I played again, I realized that didn't work. And using a REAL empty.wav file I made (don't ask me why Windows can right click to make new .wav files when I don't even have a .wav editor) gives the same results as [NONE].
Zomis

Re: Music problems...

Post by Zomis »

Yoshi348 wrote:Okay, I set a music to play during the main screen. Now, I can't figure out how to get it to STOP playing during gameplay. A cursory examination of the source only gave me the idea of adding a "background.PLAYING [NONE]" line, which didn't work.
Try adding a ":" between PLAYING and [NONE]
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

Oh, I did, I just forgot to put it when I posted it here. ;^_^
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Still, this may or may not be considered a bug.

I still have to check this, but if it's indeed like you described (which I don't doubt), it should be considered a bug (and should be fixed). Thanks for reporting that behaviour!
Alaska-Wolf-Joe

Post by Alaska-Wolf-Joe »

Hello,

actually I´m looking in this thread, cause I´m working on the same problem with the same no-succes than Yoshi348. I composed a (mp3) music-tune for the title-screen of my Levelset, that don´t stops playing while the Level starts with its own sound.
Is there meanwhile a solution avaiabble?

Greetings

Alaska-Wolf-Joe
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

As this is a 3 year old thread, I feel like I must ask you if you use the latest version (3.2.3)?

But it wouldn't suprise me, unfortunately, if this bug hasn't been fixed.
However, it wouldn't suprise me if it actually has been fixed either...
Alaska-Wolf-Joe

Post by Alaska-Wolf-Joe »

Hello Zomis,

yes I use a actuell Version 3.2.2. I found this thread using the search-function, cause I hoped that someone found already a solution for the problem. Do you have an idea?

Greetings

Alaska-Wolf-Joe
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Alaska-Wolf-Joe wrote:yes I use a actuell Version 3.2.2
It's 3.2.3 that is the latest. But I don't think this bug was fixed in that version anyway.

The only idea I have now is to remind Holger to fix this bug (which will be done in the moment he reads this thread again), which apparently hasn't been fixed :shock: