(Extended change target) - replace always

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Tomi

(Extended change target) - replace always

Post by Tomi »

I thought that indestructible elements can't be replaced by change target, but it seems that it's not the case, as long as they're also walkable, diggable or collectible. viewtopic.php?t=37
So, if indestructible elements aren't really indestructible*, why don't we also have a "replace always" type that also replaces indestructible objects?

* - to be precise, I already knew that they can be digged away etc., but thought that they can't be destructed by extended change target.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

I definetly agree about this. It's the same with Custom Elements digging things, even though it may sound strange that a CE can dig an indestructible steel wall, if you specify it to be diggable by the CE then it's your own decision, right? Since indestructible CEs also can use change pages, they can change to empty space - so they aren't indestructible that way either. Then why not allow them to be diggable and changeable using extended change targets as well?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

This idea would help The World Maker a lot!
There's so many RND elements which can't be placed in a room because they're indestructible! So please, some way of deleting indestructible elements would be fine :)