Divided level structure

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Tomi

Divided level structure

Post by Tomi »

Current level structure is too divided into per-installation dir and per-user dir. For example, if I want to use Level Structure from bd-fans.com for both of those directories, my "levelset" screen ends up with duplicate entry for each levelset category.

Solution proposal: (This isn't a proposal for implementation, but for behavior of fixed version.) If there are two level groups with same path, but one in per-installation dir and the other in per-user dir, consider them one (and show their sub-levelgroups/sub-levelsets under one menu item). Use levelinfo.conf from the per-user dir for the group, if present.

I wish this will make it into 3.2.3, if possible. I think it will be useful to fix this.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

I don't understand everything you are saying... do you mean that you have created two main directories within the levels directory, which are called 'per-installation' and 'per-user'? And do both of these directories have the structure of bd-fans.com?
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

per-installation refers to rocksndiamonds-3.2.2/levels
and
per-user refers to My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds (or /home/user/.rocksndiamonds)

And I guess Tomi means that if you have a
rnd-3.2.2\levels\somegroup
and also
My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\somegroup
it will be double entries, instead these two groups should get merged into one, so that both sub-sets appears in under the same item when you choose levelset.
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

Exactly. Thanks for clarification (although I thought I wrote it clearly enough :? ).
I also said that in case that both directories contain levelinfo.conf (which is not required), the levelinfo.conf from per-user dir (My Documents/Rocks'n'Diamonds/levels) should be used.
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

I agree with this idea.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.