Shortening file descriptions on RNDFA

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Tomi

Shortening file descriptions on RNDFA

Post by Tomi »

When I upload a file on RNDFA and then change it (through Manage Files), the description gets shortened.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

I guess this is about this file? http://www.zomis.net/rnd/info.php?f=581

Could you tell me what the "real" description for it should be? Then I could investigate what's wrong.
Daniel H.

Re: Shortening file descriptions on RNDFA

Post by Daniel H. »

I used to have this problem, but eventually it mysteriously stopped. :shock:

I don't think that I did anything special, but I do not know for sure. :?
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

No, it's not about that file, because I manually corrected it (I was already aware of the bug at the time). The bug works like this: In the upload form, you upload the file and enter its correct description. Then you go to "Manage Files" -> "Change file" (e.g. to add categories to the file), but the description in the "Change file" form is shorter than real file description. When you submit the form, description gets overwritten by the shorter version. (I couldn't find any examples of this. Maybe it's already fixed?)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Maybe it was caused earlier by some special chars in the description like ' and ". That was an issue I fixed a long time ago.

Haven't been changing anything about that during the last month though..
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

I have found out that the problem with the "-characters still exists. I'll try to investigate this more. Until later, try to avoid those characters.