CE value of current element-element bug

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

CE value of current element-element bug

Post by Zomis »

Check this level: http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=548

I hope that level will say everything...
I want the CE to dig an element, and then leave behind the same element as he digged. I hope this is possible this way...

Edit: I found a way which almost works, set the CE to only move right, and set it to change to extended target when digging GE1,
Target is the CE in the middle, and the "CE value of current element"-element to the left of the middle. Then it almost works, except for the last digging.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Try using "Element Triggering Change" in place of "CV", in Config 2 of CE1, it will work pretty good.

PS: no CE value things needed around, setting Config 2 with "Dig GE1 and change it to Element Triggering Change" is the only needed thing.

Just made a wider example:
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=549
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Well, now we have a bug for real. Have you read my answer above and my level above? OK, pick up that level, edit it opening the "cage" where Espiritu is - so that you can enter to play with him ;) - now change his movement from "away from player" to "towards player". Very well, enter and let him follow you while you pass under the line of diamonds: each diamond will fall on the tile where Espiritu is moving onto and he will leave back only blue question marks...
Francesco
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

I see what you mean, indeed a strange bug. I guess that there is a "falling diamond" in-game element (which can't be placed on the map using the editor), and so it is forbidden to create that element using CEs.

Another interesting thing I discovered is that if you set Espiritu to pushable, when you push him he can't dig anything! My opinion is that you should be able to use Espiritu by pushing him to dig through some things... (but you'll have to watch out of course, if Espiritu places back the wall after digging through it and the player moves there - then the player dies!). Maybe this could be a CE-independet option: "Can dig also when pushed"
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Zomis wrote:I see what you mean, indeed a strange bug. I guess that there is a "falling diamond" in-game element (which can't be placed on the map using the editor), and so it is forbidden to create that element using CEs.
New Dynamic Level Elements allow new combinations, especially "any element" [*] is quite powerful, but maybe it does something more than planned... well, Holger should be preparing the laser guns to get rid of this bug too ;)

I've just made a new levelset and recorded two tapes. The first tape shows the first bug, the second tape shows a new bug: Espiritu digged a moving rock - they both disappeared!

Well, here is the archive:
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=550
Francesco
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Zomis wrote:(but you'll have to watch out of course, if Espiritu places back the wall after digging through it and the player moves there - then the player dies!)
I was just playing around with that: open Espiritu Bug's Level 2. I can't remember if CE1 is walkable or not, but anyway you should set it to be so. Now enter and play with him. You can freely enter the tile that he has just dug: that's you who will destroy the wall, not the contrary!

Pretty buggy, seems, but just pretty fun as superCE ;)
Too bad he disappears sometimes...
Francesco
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I haven't checked these bugs yet, but I'll do.