Capslock and keycombos

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Francesco

Capslock and keycombos

Post by Francesco »

RnD makes no difference between lower and upper cases, but just when you're typing text. If you have capslock on, blind commands like ":ist", and keyboard shortcuts in the editor, like "B", just don't work.
Other shortcuts, like "R" and "shift+R", are switched.

Also, when you're setting new keys, e.g. input keys, you can trick it by holding "shift" and *then* clicking on the option that you want to set. In this way, it is possible to set unusual keys like "&" - which is "shift+6" on my keyboard.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Actually... RND makes difference between lower and uppercase when typing stuff (CE-names, level names, etc...), it's just that RND uses the same font for lowercase as uppercase.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yep, right. R'n'D differs between case, but just displays lower and upper characters with the same (uppercase) font...
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Oh, erm... cough cough... OK, I was wrong saying that it makes no difference between lower and upper cases, but that was not *the* point...

For me it's not a problem, now that I know it... well, I knew it even before, I just thought it could be fixed in some way...

So, will it stay as just it is now, that a capslock on makes a mess of all the inputs? and what about tricking the key settings?
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco