Custom keys (on keyboard:)

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

I can see where that could be VERY useful. :) (especially if there were more CEs)
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Tomi wrote:"change to 'water + exploding dynamite' when player presses drop key on me
Nice idea, but using "when player presses drop key on me" doesn't tell the CE which element is being dropped, so why not use "when player drops <element> on me"?
And speaking of that... maybe then there could also exist a new pseudo-element named "dropped element" (but when using the "when player drops <element> change", I guess it isn't needed...)
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

That could be possible, but the level author could also program it with CEs, making it more customizable: for example, when player tries to drop something on water, it should be removed from his list of things he's carrying (aka inventory), but when he tries to drop something in first example, it shouldn't. An option would be needed. (Or a CE action "remove X objects from player Y's inventory") Making this "dropping system" or "simulated inventory" with CEs also adds various other possibilities, e.g. some sort "smart inventory" which always drops the most useful thing in the square.
HerzAusGold

Post by HerzAusGold »

Tomi seems to be a "Lemmings" fan.
I too..
And the answer is ... 42 !
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

Lemmings are nice, but I can't see any connection with this. :?
HerzAusGold

Post by HerzAusGold »

Imagine a level with an "underwater" puzzle. You'd have to collect a special waterproof dynamite, then dive and blast some wall in order to enter the exit.
In Lemmings The Tribes ( Amiga / PC? ) you have all (kind of) to do this.
And the answer is ... 42 !