Jannik One: 10 small multiplayer levels

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Jannik

Jannik One: 10 small multiplayer levels

Post by Jannik »

Here's my first level set: "Jannik One"! :D

I love team playing in RnD and because the emerald mine engine is not yet ready for the EMC levels, I decided to create some multiplayer levels.

The levelset contains 10 small levels (only 15x15 tiles), no custom elements, but some really tricky puzzles and timing difficulties.

I'm very curious how you can cope with them. :P
No tapes are included, maybe I'll release them later, when you're begging too much. :wink:

I used v3.2.0rc8, so it can be, that they don't work with v3.1.2. :?

Have fun!

Jannik

PS: Level 002 does only work on the same PC in multiplayer mode, but not in networking mode, Holger, can you have a look at it, please? :roll:
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Here's my first level set: "Jannik One"!

Very nice! Well done! :-)

> I used v3.2.0rc8, so it can be, that they don't work with v3.1.2.

If you did not change any element settings, but only use plain default elements with default settings, they may work. Else they won't work. But they will most probably work in 3.2.0, too, as I most probably won't change the level format anymore.

> PS: Level 002 does only work on the same PC in multiplayer mode, but
> not in networking mode, Holger, can you have a look at it, please?

Yes, I will do this when I check/fix the network playing bugs that were reported for 3.2.0-8.
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

Did anyone solve level 10?
In my opinion it's a really great level, but I wonder if someone besides me can solve it (at least with a look into the level creator) or if it's too difficult? :roll:

Soon I will release the tapes, so if you want to win the crown of honour, maybe you should give it a try now! :wink:
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

I just added the tapes and my new levelset "Jannik Two" to the zip file in the first post.

There's still the bug in network mode, even with RnD v3.2.0, Holger:
Just have a look at the tape of level 002, it works.
But if you start this level in network mode, the yellow player is not fast enough and will be hit by a rock. :cry:
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Strange! At least it works fine in local multi-player mode. :-o

I'll check this also in network mode... Seems to be a strange bug... :-o
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Oh well, from the announcement of the challenge (for the crown of honour) to the closing of the same (i.e. when the solution tapes have been uploaded) passed just one day... it's not so good... ok, maybe I could still win the consolation prize ;)

That's the story: I've downloaded Jannik Two, and after playing the Micemen clone, I've tried the included levelset One... I started playing, asking myself why those levels appeared to be so absolutely impossible to solve... I skipped level 1, 2 and 3, and finally solved level 4.

That's no wonder, you would say, it's called "Easy one"...
...the problem is that I didn't knew that they were intended to be played in team mode!

Now it should be clear that I've solved level 4 in single player mode: here is the tape... do I deserve some prize?
Well, at least a special mention ;)
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

Oh well, from the announcement of the challenge (for the crown of honour) to the closing of the same (i.e. when the solution tapes have been uploaded) passed just one day... it's not so good...
From the release of the levels to the tapes it took 1 1/2 months ... I didn't thought there was anyone still interested in playing these levels ... :?
...the problem is that I didn't knew that they were intended to be played in team mode!
Maybe now you can imagine, why the topic says "10 small multiplayer levels" and why I underlined it in the release post ... :P
And again I wished it would be possible to define the minimum and maximum number of players in the level config screen, Holger ... :twisted:
Now it should be clear that I've solved level 4 in single player mode ...
Uuh, that's brave to try to solve multiplayer levels in single player mode and a great performance to be indeed successful! Image

But if you really want to play these levels alone, I suggest to use the local team-mode and define additional input keys for the second player, e.g. the numpad. Then you should be able to play most of these levels alone, I even solved level 002 alone. 8) But in level 007 the time limit is hard for one player and level 009 should be impossible for non-chameleons! :roll:

But when I talked about the crown of honour I thought especially about level 010. I like the idea to build your own level inside a level with the content of Yamyams, but I wondered if it's possible for outsiders to find the right sequence ...
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

I knew that it was a MP levelset when I read this thread, but I forgot it - remember that I've downloaded it only after the release of (and together with) the second levelset...

Well, I had my special mention anyway :D

By the way, the idea of building a level during gameplay is good - because it's really tricky to cheat by looking at the editor... consider a blank level with just a CE in the middle that then creates the effective cave by changing into several other CEs... it would be really nice - and hard to design, also...
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Francesco wrote:it would be really nice - and hard to design, also...
It would be sort of like Game Inside. Sometimes, group elements might help make things easier. Game Inside works completely without group elements! :o
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Alan

Post by Alan »

From the release of the levels to the tapes it took 1 1/2 months ... I didn't thought there was anyone still interested in playing these levels ...
Not everybody can play multiplayer..... I had a go, but there's lots of co-op situations (Jannik1 lev6 for example) so I got a bit stuck.

I like RNDgem though! It sort of reminds me of board game Ka-plunk, or maybe Downfall ;-)
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

Not everybody can play multiplayer.....
Why not? Just put team-mode on and define a different input key set for 2nd player ... :idea:
That's the way I recorded the tape for level 006 for example, alone!
But ok, when simultaneous movement is required (like in 002 or 009), it get's tricky/impossible ... :wink: