Stuck at level 12 of Niko Boehm's tutorial

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Here is the link to Bojster's tape on that level:
http://rnd.bojster.net/tapes/nb_tut/012.tape
There is no best way to show a solution than a tape!

If you don't want to see the tape, here is a further hint: walk right to catch the green gem on the top left side of the room, then dig a tile of sand right under the tile where the gem was. Dig the two fields of sand beside to free the top stone on the rightmost 4-stones column, and then push it to the right. Now the 3rd gem is snappable. Go on in the same way for the other gems and be careful when getting the dynamite.

Good luck!
Last edited by Francesco on Fri May 19, 2006 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
masivi

Post by masivi »

Thank's Francesco!
How can I see the tape? What kind of file is it?
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Tape files are stored in the Rocks'n'Diamonds folder in your Documents folder.
My level tapes for the Niko Boehm's Tutorial, are in
D:\Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\tapes\rnd_tutorial_niko_boehm
You should simply make a backup copy of the existing level (which should be yours), and paste the file you download.

--- There is another way to do it, directly within RnD, but I never used it. Make a search on the forum and you'll get the answer... or wait that some other user posts here ;) ---

Then run RnD, go to that level and press the "Play" button in the Tape Interface.

Good luck with the next levels!
Francesco
Crimson Dragon

Stuck on Level 12

Post by Crimson Dragon »

Hi all! I am new to the game and to the forum. This game is really fun and it will drive you insane trying to figure everything out. I pressed nearly every key on the keyboard trying to figure out how to snap...ha ha Anyway thank you for the info...now it's my turn to see if I can do it!! Oh, by the way hello to all from sunny southern California...NOT! I't been raining cats and dogs here ha ha Have great fun all!
Crimson Dragon

Stuck on Level 12

Post by Crimson Dragon »

Ha ha!! It took abouyt 5 tries but i finally got it! Knowing about the snapping makes it so much easier...thanks guys :D
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Hi Crimson Dragon,
welcome to the forum!
Glad to know that you took advantage of our help, if you have got any question, if you find any bug or if you have got any idea, feel free to post here in the forum, we appreciate the collaborative effort of RnD's fans!
Francesco
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

It took me several weeks of playing the game before I learned how to drop dynamite. (This was way back in version 2.0.0). I eventually found out by looking in SETUP/INPUT DEVICES.

I also saw the "snap field" option and had no idea what it meant. In version 2.0.0, they had an older tutorial that did not talk about snapping very much at all (there were no s back then anyway). Eventually I put the two ideas together (the tutorial that said
""
and the "snap field" option in the Info Screen) and learned how to snap.

I originally got Rocks 'n' Diamonds through Knoppix: Linux-on-CD, so I knew nothing about the website or anything.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Daniel H. wrote:I originally got Rocks 'n' Diamonds through Knoppix: Linux-on-CD, so I knew nothing about the website or anything.
Holger, maybe it's an idea to put the URL of Artsoft.org somewhere in the game? And with some text like: 'visit the Rocks 'n' Diamonds forum, too!'.
Maybe that would attract more visitors!
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

That's a good idea! :)

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure how I heard of the Rocks 'n' Diamonds Web Site in the first place...maybe I figured it out because of the domain name of the e-mail address given in the "Program Info" section of the Info Screen.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
drescherjm

Post by drescherjm »

Thanks guys.
I was finally able (after like 20 tries) to solve this by piling up all the rocks on the dynamite and making full use of the snap feature.

John
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Gratulations :)