Stuck at level 12 of Niko Boehm's tutorial

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

01mf02

Stuck at level 12 of Niko Boehm's tutorial

Post by 01mf02 »

Hi! As the title says, I'm stuck at level 12. There is a hint saying "if you can't reach something without dying, try to snap it one step before". I can't figure out what that means. Can you help me with this?
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Snapping is done with the snap button (the left control key for default).

Hold that button while the player is in a field next to the thing to be snapped, then press the arrow in that direction.

Example:

P = Player
E = Emerald

PE

Hold the snap button and press the right arrow.

Hope this helps.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
01mf02

Post by 01mf02 »

Thanks for this! I think it would be good if this would be mentioned in the tutorial ...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I think it would be good if this would be mentioned in the tutorial ...

You are perfectly right! Especially as this is one of the most-asked questions... :-o

I was sure that I had added an appropriate note to the envelope of the first tutorial level which uses this concept, but I was wrong. So, thanks a lot for this reminder!

I will add such a note in the next version, so it should then be more obvious for new players! :-)
gstaniak

Post by gstaniak »

01mf02 wrote:Thanks for this! I think it would be good if this would be mentioned in the tutorial ...
By the way, how do you finish this level? Myself I found the relevant info about snapping and managed to get to the bottom hall, but I'm slowly getting insane trying to reach the dynamite that - I think - is supposed to unblock the exit. I feel I'm being stupid, but each time I either block my access to the dynamite, or get crushed. How do you proceed once you get to this: http://gstaniak.webpark.pl/zrzutekranu.png?
--
Grzegorz Staniak <gstaniak _at_ gmail *dot* com>
Flumminator

Post by Flumminator »

Proceed from right to left. Of course you need to use snapping and don't remove too much sand ;)
Flumminator->PostCounter += 1;
gstaniak

Post by gstaniak »

Flumminator wrote:Proceed from right to left. Of course you need to use snapping and don't remove too much sand ;)
Thanks a lot, finally I made it :) The hint about not removing too much sand was very helpful :) On to level 13 then...
--
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

By the way, gstaniak, welcome to the Rocks 'n' Diamonds Forum! :)
gstaniak

Post by gstaniak »

Daniel H. wrote:By the way, gstaniak, welcome to the Rocks 'n' Diamonds Forum! :)
Thanks :) I've just discovered the game (accidental result of a yum search on my FC5), and it turns out really addictive. I think you haven't seen the last of me here, begging for hints :)
--
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

gstaniak wrote:I think you haven't seen the last of me here, begging for hints :)
Another Rocks 'n' Diamonds fan, bojster, has a web site full of solution tapes for RND levels called the RND Solution Tapes Archive. This should help when you are looking for help with levels.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

I've used a different strategy with the level: I've snapped the sand above the dynamite, then didn't take the dynamite, and was able to take all the gems without blocking the exit...
Rockford4ever

Post by Rockford4ever »

Tomi wrote:I've used a different strategy with the level: I've snapped the sand above the dynamite, then didn't take the dynamite, and was able to take all the gems without blocking the exit...
Heh, I used the same technique... Kinda hard...
I think that the tutorial is WAY to hard for new people to R'n'D,
I made a better one like a year ago, but it got deleted somehow. It used TONS of mail envelopes, btw ;)
Current project:
Nope.
masivi

Post by masivi »

I can't finish. I'm in the same point of gstaniak and I don't know what must I do to take the dinamite withour dying!!

Help please!!!!
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Hi Masivi, welcome to the forum!

If I recall correctly, you should manage to push some of the stones to the right side of that room, so that you can walk down close to the dynamite and snap it. I am going to play it, I'll post again if it turns out to be a wrong hint.

By the way, in Bojster's Tape Archive there should be a tape for that level, as a final resource if you can't find a solution by yourself.

---------

Just saw my tape again: the hint is partially correct. I moved some stones to the right, then picked up the emeralds from right to left, then I've took the dynamite and used it to free the exit.
Reading the thread again, I recalled that there is also a way to get the emeralds without blocking the exit. In this case you don't need the dynamite.

Well, enjoy playing!
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
masivi

Post by masivi »

No way! I can't finish it!! can somebody post an image?

Thanks