Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Mark

Post by Mark »

What does an Amiga emulator do?
The Emerald King
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Don Quixote wrote:What does an Amiga emulator do?
It's a program for windows which makes it possible to play old amiga games. In fact, rnd has a built-in emulator now!
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
bojster

Post by bojster »

It certainly isn't a program for Windows. Otherwise how would I use it?
UAE (short for Unix Amiga Emulator) is available for a wide range of platforms, including Linux/Unix, Windows (WinUAE), MacOS, BeOS, even Amiga!
Mark

Post by Mark »

Oh. Playing games like Emerald Mine? Just for the fun of playing on something Amiga style? I'd just rather play on R&D. But anyways, going back from the Amiga emulators to Halo2. Its an awsome game. I have xbox live, and I play it every night. I can safely say, I'm pretty good at it.
The Emerald King
bojster

Post by bojster »

If you never played at least 100 Amiga games, you don't know what a good game is ;-)
It's not just EM, it's thousands of games, many of which never made it to different platforms. Though some of them were also released for DOS and then Windows. Amiga was the gaming queen of my times.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

to be short and clear: an emulator is a program for a certain platform which can run programs (games) from other platforms.

for example: with an amiga emulator for windows you can run amiga programs in windows.
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Mark

Post by Mark »

lol. I bought Halo2 a year ago. I'm still playing it. lol. BTW: its time for me to buy an xbox360. I've heard there is a possibility of Halo3 coming out.
The Emerald King
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

While Halo 2 is nice and all, I don’t feel the urge to run out and buy a console just for one game when the pc is by far superior for games in the FPS genre.
Only chance of me ever getting Halo 2 is either, an extremely good working Xbox emulator (which wont be for a good few years yet) or they port the game to PC like they did with Halo 1.
Alan

Post by Alan »

>Xbox emulator (which wont be for a good few years yet)

Hummm I don't know about that, the architecture in an Xbox is closer to a PC than say a Dreamcast (which I have an emulator for)
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

True, infact you can just take the harddrive out of an Xbox, stick it in a PC and vola, a cheap harddrive.
Infact I know its possible to put larger harddrives into the Xbox... with a modded system of course... which isnt exactally legal...

However... the software on the Xbox is far from similar to Windows or any other OS for that matter, which is why I said it would be about a year before anything decent comes out.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Yes, mega reincarnation of a dead post.......and two years too late! :-)

But I just finished Halo 2 on legendary, wow those snipers can wipe you out in one go! :-) , but I prevailed and won at last!

Got to say though, that Breaking Benjamin song "Blow Me Away" is amazing.
Hell

Post by Hell »

Halo 2 is nothing compared to Turrican 8)
Alan

Post by Alan »

Halo 2 is nothing compared to Turrican
uh-hur

Edam is nothing compared to Smirnoff
jezebelus

Post by jezebelus »

I've played HALO 1 on PC and it was very bad, I really can't understand what 's so interesting about game. Is it better on Xbox?
Alan

Post by Alan »

I didn't like Halo 1 much either, 2 is much better (good for a split screen game with a few mates).

As for xbox, well the frame rate is better than my old PC ;-)