Alan

What happened on Wednesday?

Post by Alan »

Most users ever online was 33 on Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:57 am
Did I miss something?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I have no idea -- maybe R'n'D was mentioned somewhere, with a link to the forum... I would have a look if there was also a download peak, but I have currently no log statistics running...
Alan

Post by Alan »

Also the topic "General Discussion\Download links at artsoft.org" has 1875 views!

It never had that many last week I'm sure.... Lots of others topics have higher than normal view counts to..... so you must be right.

The irony is, my last post I replied to flumminator: "I like a nice quiet forum".......tuh!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> The irony is, my last post I replied to flumminator: "I like a nice quiet
> forum".......tuh!

Well, currently they are only reading, so it's still quiet... ;-)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

hmm... webcrawlers isn't logged in topicviews, are they? If they are (haven't read the phpBB source), my guess are crawlers... but I'm not sure...
bojster

Post by bojster »

Index page has no 'robots' meta, so I guess it depends on the robot if it follows links (most, if not all, do). But I find it hard to believe that we had an invasion of crawlers. Come on, 20-30 of them at once? Actually does that number (33) mean there were so many users on-line simultaneously, or on that day in total? My guess is the former, but I'm not sure.
Flumminator

Post by Flumminator »

> Actually does that number (33) mean there were so many users on-line simultaneously, or on that day in total?
Afaik what is measured are different IPs in a 5-minute interval
Flumminator->PostCounter += 1;
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

bojster wrote:But I find it hard to believe that we had an invasion of crawlers. Come on, 20-30 of them at once? Actually does that number (33) mean there were so many users on-line simultaneously, or on that day in total? My guess is the former, but I'm not sure.
Yes, I know it's hard to believe. But I also find it hard to believe that there were so many users at the same time.
I think this has happened on other phpBBs as well, so it could be a phpBB bug...
On another forum which I moderate there was 148 users online at 2005-02-18 09:17 am. Now when I write this, there are only 7.
bojster

Post by bojster »

Maybe some new worm then. Or - given there weren't any news about it - someone was just just testing a new worm code before arming it.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

bojster wrote:Maybe some new worm then. Or - given there weren't any news about it - someone was just just testing a new worm code before arming it.
I guess this can, and will, remain a mystery.
Anyone has time and the will to check if there's any post on phpbb.com about this? Just in case it is a bug...
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

I just checked a bit on phpbb.com, and found out this:
Bots are included in the user statistics

I know about a way to fix this, which I've used on my site - so that bots still can index the page, but most of them won't be logged in the stats. I can send the source to Holger if he could find use for it, not sure how to implement it into phpbb though.
Rockford4ever

Post by Rockford4ever »

Oops, revived an old topic, but now it is 75 on 20 March... Must be mostly bots 'n' spammers. Anyone noticed it changed, or, that there were much people? I did'nt see it - maybe I was offline...;)
Current project:
Nope.
Alan

Post by Alan »

50 guests today, but the record has been beaten again! 91 guests!

It must of been a bot convention or something :-)

*edit*

now its 147, wow that's amazing! :shock: