Blocked

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

richard

Blocked

Post by richard »

Change if blocked, means for me, that an element changes, if it doesn´t move further, if his ways are closed. But as I see, "change if blocked" makes nothing.

For example a water drop - CE, that explodes, if it reaches the ground, EVEN, if it get placed directly one field over the ground (that "change if hitting something" can´t help more).

And the "blocked" function seems to me a bug, since I can´t detect when it is blocked !
Flumminator

Post by Flumminator »

As I see it "blocked" means that it previously moved and then gets blocked...
richard

Post by richard »

That´s a bit too less for it´s mean... I think effect "blocked" should arrive, if a CE can´t move any more. Like if a CE, that can only move left, and collides or gets placed next to the blocking element, changes.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

richard wrote:That´s a bit too less for it´s mean... I think effect "blocked" should arrive, if a CE can´t move any more. Like if a CE, that can only move left, and collides or gets placed next to the blocking element, changes.
Maybe you already know this, but note that the side parameter works here..
I'm not sure at all how blocking works in reality (well, in RND :P) and how it is intended to work...I guess you can write a 8-paper essay about this ;)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

hmm...after testing around with the blocked change condition, I still haven't got any element to change with this. Has anyone else succeed?
Holger, how does this really work? (or not)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Richard:
> Change if blocked, means for me, that an element changes, if it doesn´t move further, if his
> ways are closed. But as I see, "change if blocked" makes nothing.
[...]
> And the "blocked" function seems to me a bug, since I can´t detect when it is blocked !

Richard, you are perfectly right! Sorry for that -- this is still experimental and available in the level editor just by accident (and commented out in game.c, because it does not work yet).

Flumminator:
> As I see it "blocked" means that it previously moved and then gets blocked...

Well, that would be more like "change when hitting something".

"change when blocked" should trigger a CE change in a case where a movable CE would like to move, but cannot move because of being blocked (like Richard described). So it would also change when it has never moved before because of that blocking, which makes it different to "change when hitting". This "change when blocking" could still be needed for quite some situations, like shooting when the projectile cannot move right from the start, so "hitting" would not work...
richard

Post by richard »

So could you please implent that (soon), Holger ? And could you also tell a version for it ? :D
Flumminator

Post by Flumminator »

Holger wrote: Flumminator:
> As I see it "blocked" means that it previously moved and then gets blocked...

Well, that would be more like "change when hitting something".
ooops. that indeed was what i was thinking of....
just thought it was named "blocked" though :?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> So could you please implent that (soon), Holger ?

It is on my TODO list.

> And could you also tell a version for it ?

Other than the general roadmap, I better don't promise version numbers for certain features. ;-)