Who's your favourite artist/band?

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Alan

Who's your favourite artist/band?

Post by Alan »

Interesting to know I suppose, (and this off topic forum isn't off topic enough)

Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Motorhead for me....
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Enigma, Sandra, Chris Spheeris, Taizé, and a bunch of others for me :)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Pink Floyd was always my favourite. I also like many many other bands, or actually, music pieces. So it's hard to me to list the favs, but here go some (random order and w/o Polish bands):
Nightwish, Dead Can Dance, Pearl Jam, Alanis Morissette, Mike Oldfield, Hans Zimmer, UB40, Apocalyptica, Bob Marley, Clannad, Loreena McKennitt, Enya, Bathory, Portishead, Theatre Of Tragedy, The Stranglers, Therion, Asian Dub Foundation, Deine Lakaien, Goran Bregovic, Morphine, Public Image Limited... enough, though I could easily list twice that many...
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

I like classical music :)
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Oh well, I could list many artists/bands here, because my music taste is not that fixed, but I'll try (in alphabetical order not because I'm a perfectionist, but because I just had a look into the MP3 archive of my ripped CDs) -- but I took only a few:

AC/DC, Accept, Aerosmith, Air, Billy Idol, Clannad, Depeche Mode, Die Ärzte (sorry, german, but it had to go here as they're one of my favourites!), Faith No More, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Front 242, Genesis (especially their older works), Iron Maiden, Jamiroquai, Jean Michel Jarre, Jimmy Somerville, Johann Sebastian Bach, John Carpenter, KMFDM, Kiss, Kraftwerk, Marillion, Members Of Mayday, Metallica, Mike Oldfield, Ministry, Moby, Motörhead, Pink Floyd, Queen, Rage Against The Machine, Rammstein, Sade, Saga, Supertramp, Sven Väth, Talk Talk, Tangerine Dream, The Alan Parsons Project, The Bates, The Beatles, The Doors, The Sisters of Mercy, Vangelis, Waltari, ZZ Top.

I have skipped quite some electronic music that probably nobody knows...

Yes, I'm a child of the 80's... ;-)
Alan

Post by Alan »

We should of done this topic years ago since you can tell a lot about a person by what they listen to.

And you all have great taste!
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Speaking of electronic music, I've just started listening to Jean Michel Jarre, my dad told me about him. I was surprised that my dad could listen to that music :O I really like the "Oxygen" songs/melodies/tunes :)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Yup, many of his tunes made it into various remakes, like Amiga mods etc. He's quite popular in the computer world. Personally I like him as well. Also Kraftwerk (which Holger mentioned), though electronic music isn't among my favourite genres.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Here's a great little game I found:

http://www.scenta.co.uk/gamescenta/site ... atsong.cfm

Just type in your favorite band, and play "name that tune". It also has a world average for right answers and reaction time for each band......even obscure ones like Hawkwind and Gong.... cool!

Can anybody beat my Pink Floyd game? (3.5 Seconds 9/10)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Alan wrote:Can anybody beat my Pink Floyd game? (3.5 Seconds 9/10)
I'd love to try, but the tunes don't play for me (Firefox/Linux)... :-(
Alan

Post by Alan »

>I'd love to try, but the tunes don't play for me (Firefox/Linux)...

Ack! What a shame.... I did try it in Firefox myself and it's ok, must be a Linux thing?

I can't tell what media it is exactly, but it does say "buffering xx%", I know Realmedia displays this message so it could be that. But most likely its the windows streaming audio thingy.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Hmm... I have tried to associate the used MIME type "application/x-mplayer2" to Linux' MPlayer (which can play Windows media files), but no success... :-(
ka-roggy

Post by ka-roggy »

Hi My favourite bands are,well lots!
Including;

Def Leppard,slade,iron maiden,metallica ,naked apes anthrax prodigy sleeper oasis,blur blink 182 they might be giants entombed, snap kylie minogue(later stuff) madonna vivaldi

Just a few faves but I enjoy all sorts of music from death metal to classical to hard-core rave
I am also an avid collector of the Now that's what I call music compilation series