Gametype and screen

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Gametype and screen

Post by Guest »

Change gametype? I mean... Do deathmatch? and do splitscreen, 2 players in same scren doesent work. The screen bug sometimes on 2 player like nobody is in that screen...
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

uh... thats a little hard to understand

players have to be within 15x15 tiles of each other for it to work, and split screen isnt available, but is aparently on holgars *to do* list

and technically, there isnt a deathmatch mode, but you can still fight each other if you want to, it seems pointless adding a whole new mode for something that can already be done

and the players need to be different colors, by default, player one is yellow, and player 2 is red

i still have no idea what you were trying to say, but hopefully i explained it
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

"Deathmatch" mode are already possible when placing two players on the same level, give them some weapons, and then fight. See some Multiplayer Fight levels for examples.

Splitscreen, etc. have been mentioned before, and isn't highly prioritated, but might come in the not so near future... if you are lucky...
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Remember that RnD, or Boulder Dash games in general, are most enjoyable to play just on your own. Just in single player mode.
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Mark

Post by Mark »

Now you know what would bring deathmatch alive? The internet! Would't it be cool if we could all play on the internet, maybe even... dare I say it? Have 16 player support online where we could all mine in the same level and blow each other away with bombs and all sorts of CEs?
The Emerald King
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Don Quixote wrote:Now you know what would bring deathmatch alive? The internet! Would't it be cool if we could all play on the internet, maybe even... dare I say it? Have 16 player support online where we could all mine in the same level and blow each other away with bombs and all sorts of CEs?
It's already possible, but with a maximum of 4 players.
Go to the RND Chat, sometimes maybe someone in their is feeling for a little RND "Deathmatch"
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

but multiplayer is still very slow. and of course multiplayer levels are cool but what I meant is that I prefer single player levels myself!
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!