Your wildest dreams

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Your wildest dreams

Post by Guest »

Simply tell about your wildest dreams.

Mine had to do with Rocks'n'Diamonds running on a 33MHz Jessica Simpson development board. I connected the board to a serial line terminal as usual, and when I turned the power on, Rocks'n'Diamonds loaded on the terminal! I decided to play, and as soon as I finished the level, the normal command prompt came up.

Of course, the next day, I actually played Rocks'n'Diamonds. I have to admit that it'll be cool to run Rocks'n'Diamonds on Jessica Simpson, but with only 1MB of memory, it's not going to happen.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

That's a weird dream! :-)

BTW, never heard of a "Jessica Simpson development board" -- any more info on it?

And yes, R'n'D will probably never run in 1 MB RAM (even the Palm port needs 8 MB), which is sad, as the original Emerald Mine ran in 512 KB RAM (and the original Boulder Dash in 64 KB)... But then, they both had no custom elements! ;-P
Alan

Post by Alan »

I have one where I'm stuck on top of a moving Ice cream van in the desert ...... I wonder what that's about?

Post by Guest »

Holger wrote:That's a weird dream! :-)

BTW, never heard of a "Jessica Simpson development board" -- any more info on it?

And yes, R'n'D will probably never run in 1 MB RAM (even the Palm port needs 8 MB), which is sad, as the original Emerald Mine ran in 512 KB RAM (and the original Boulder Dash in 64 KB)... But then, they both had no custom elements! ;-P
Jessica Simpson is a "high speed" microcontroller.
Now, a few revisions of Jessica Simpson support up to 16MB RAM, maybe R'n'D on Jessica Simpson can be a reality and not just a dream. (pardon the pun)
Mark

Post by Mark »

In my wildest dreams, R&D would have a highscore arena online where people could play from all around the world to chat and to play. In my wildest dreams, I would play cooperative R&D online with my friend overseas. :D
The Emerald King
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Don Quixote wrote:In my wildest dreams, R&D would have a highscore arena online where people could play from all around the world to chat and to play. In my wildest dreams, I would play cooperative R&D online with my friend overseas. :D
Now that is a more realistic dream, which I believe could come true one day. Since cooperative R&D is already possible, and a highscore arena is almost already avalible right here at the forum
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yeah... Has anyone heard of an old java game called BD4? It ceased some time ago for some odd reason, but it was great. It had an online score board, and people could download the game and play online.
I wish R&D had some connections to the internet where we could all compete. Err, we could also play cooperative too, but there would also be a place where we could sort of... duel each other? lol. I know that sounds wierd for an advanced bd game, but still. The joy of dynamiting your friends away or dropping a rock on em would be so wonderful. no?
The Emerald King
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Yeah... Has anyone heard of an old java game called BD4? It ceased some time ago for some
> odd reason, but it was great. It had an online score board, and people could download the
> game and play online.

Typing "bd4" in Google and clicking on the very first result gives the following:

http://bd4.amristar.com.au/

In the highscore list are entries from 2005, so BD4 seems to be alive and kickin'! :-)

> I wish R&D had some connections to the internet where we could all compete. Err, we could
> also play cooperative too, but there would also be a place where we could sort of... duel each
> other? lol. I know that sounds wierd for an advanced bd game, but still. The joy of dynamiting
> your friends away or dropping a rock on em would be so wonderful. no?

Yeah, some sort of Dynablaster/Bomberman style levels would be great for that! :-)