The Contributons 2004 !!!!11

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Don Shadow

The Contributons 2004 !!!!11

Post by Don Shadow »

Hi

I see the contributons 2004 are not released in 2004 ! Holger, you have not so much time, year 2005 is near ! 20 days, and we can forget contributons 2004...

PLEASE release it !!! :)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Oh come one, how can the be released now, while still some levels could be send in 2004? I'd say: release them 01.01.05, bow they will really be Contributions 2004 :P
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Don Shadow:
> I see the contributons 2004 are not released in 2004 !

Do not predict too much; the year's not over yet. ;-)

> Holger, you have not so much time, year
> 2005 is near ! 20 days, and we can forget contributons 2004...

You are perfectly right: I have not so much time. That's why it's not released yet. ;-)

But don't forget that the 2004's contribution can perfectly be released (then complete) in the year 2005. Or 2006 or 2007. Just kidding...

> PLEASE release it !!! :)

I'll do, don't panic. :-) It's just that I have VERY less time this week (because I quit my job in my old company). The next week (before christmas) and the week after it (between christmas and new year's eve) are expected to be MUCH better, and are "traditionally" a time where I get some things done regarding R'n'D. So there's a good chance that you all get fine new levels around (or shortly after) christmas. :-)

bojster:
> Oh come one, how can the be released now, while still some levels could be send in 2004?

That's exactly the point at the moment. And indeed I got quite some contributions the last few weeks and days. If we would have, say, September now, it would be OK to get the first load of levels out now and the rest at the end of the year or beginning of the new year, to have things complete. But now it's wiser to just wait a few more days and then release the _complete_ "Contributions 2004" set. :-)

> I'd say: release them 01.01.05, bow they will really be Contributions 2004 :P

That's right. Well, I think I should do it exactly that way.

(If I should be terribly bored around christmas, I might release it earlier and throw out an update at January 1st, if needed. Let's wait and see... :-) )
Don Shadow

Post by Don Shadow »

OK, 10 days. Than everybody will see the big hole in the contributons as if 2004 would never exist !!! ;D
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Don Shadow wrote:OK, 10 days. Than everybody will see the big hole in the contributons as if 2004 would never exist !!! ;D
Huh? what do you mean? aren't there contributed many levelsets then?
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Richard just wanted to drive me to quickly release the 2004 contributions... ;-)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Just a reminder: It's 2005... ;-)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I know, I know... :-) :-o
Mark

Post by Mark »

Can someone tell me when the 2005 contributions will be released, so I can start making levels for it? Also, has anyone heard of an old Dos game called 'Diamond' It was a pretty nice game. I am working on a levelset that is similar to that game.
The Emerald King
bojster

Post by bojster »

Contributions 2005 should be out by January 2006 ;-)
As for the game you mentioned, I don't know if it's the same, but I used to play a great game on Amiga, Diamond Fever, is it this one?
Last edited by bojster on Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Contributions 2005 should be out by January 2006 ;-)

That's right, but let's start with the 2004 set this January. ;-)

So, in any case, there should be enough time to make levels for the 2005 set. :-)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Yes, well... I don't want to rush you, but I'm curious about the new levels...
RAP

Post by RAP »

---Crossed Out---

(Mistake posting here, someone delete my post mistake?)
Replace as in 2.2.0
Last edited by RAP on Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Post by Mark »

No. Its not diamond fever either. You can still find it somewhere on the
internet. It was a bd clone that had the blade as the firefly, and an evil purple light as the butterfly. The miner was an african-american guy. Not many animations, but still a great game. I was thinking since BD2k3 has some of those textures or graphics, I could recreate some of those levels. The game was not just about collecting diamonds. There were also secrets in the level. So I am starting to make a levelset that will set the mood for an old dos game.
They're not hard levels. They're just fun. I am making them with the BD2k3 graphics set by Alan. 8) My levels will come out waaaaay before 2006, so I'll just upload them on Zomis' site.
The Emerald King
bojster

Post by bojster »

Ah, at first I didn't understand that you're making it as a levelset for RnD. That's very nice, I'm looking forward to it!