What if Deflektor had some elements from Mindbender

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Re: What if Deflektor had some elements from Mindbender

Post by Eizzoux »

amirnatsheh7 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:53 pm how do i make new topic?
The "New Topic" button in whatever sub-forum you're in
sdasdadad.png
sdasdadad.png (44.35 KiB) Viewed 22811 times
𒈟
amirnatsheh7

Re: [RF] Cyrillic

Post by amirnatsheh7 »

Eizzoux wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:17 pm Out of context, but for some reason I added Russian characters, even though it's just a separate font.

asdasdasgd.png
how do i make graphics languages translate?
Eizzoux

Re: Re: [RF] Cyrillic

Post by Eizzoux »

No way for now, the way I did that is just replacing latin chars in a different font.
𒈟
Eizzoux

[RF] Some potential changes to the game panel

Post by Eizzoux »

dfs.png
dfs.png (92.88 KiB) Viewed 3076 times

I was thinking of actually changing the game panel, because after adding restart button, I thought both the buttons for sounds and stop/pause/restart were unnecessarily occupying a little bit too much space. The playtime buttons were a bit too elongated in height, the music buttons overall are large buttons with a little indicator that only takes around 1% of the entire sprite. And if I'd consider shrinking them, that would also mean there will be some extra space for something else.

So here's what I came up with for now.

dfs2.png
dfs2.png (98.93 KiB) Viewed 3076 times

Very visible indication for the sound types, all 6 buttons are compact, yet pretty distinguishable enough (maybe single and looped sounds are not that different, maybe I'll try something else later). Also... mini screen with satellite dish, maybe temporary. The number doesn't mean anything by the way, it's just frame counter that loops from 00 to 99.
𒈟
Eizzoux

Reflektor Demo 6: Optimized Edition

Post by Eizzoux »

Small cool late update that fixes some issues and adds some optimizations to run it better.

98741283__tog_refrector_demo6__12789153.zip
(49.4 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

𒈟
Eizzoux

Reflektor Demo 6: I was a little late

Post by Eizzoux »

Alright, obviously, that wasn't real demo and everything, that was just a really late April 1st joke... on April 7th... Oops...
Anyways, I committed to that just because I wanted to try to simulate "that" kind of style with just 8 available colors (black, white, red, green, blue, yellow, cyan and purple), stretched in height graphics (8x8 sprites rendered in shape of 8x16) and farty DOS sounds (sort of like SPK, although I tried to find SPK bleeps anywhere, but this is all I could find). Came up with such idea pretty much at night of April 6th and tried to make it as quick as possible (which is around just few hours of work) to at least not stray way too far from the first day of month. Whether it was a success or not... Eh, not gonna be judge of myself, so I guess you may be one, the link to the file is in the previous reply above.

Video

bleep
bleep
grrgrr1.png (48.37 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
bleep bleep
bleep bleep
grrgrr2.png (56.97 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
bleeeeep
bleeeeep
grrgrr3.png (53.7 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
bleeeeeep bleep bleeeeeep
bleeeeeep bleep bleeeeeep
grrgrr4.png (59.85 KiB) Viewed 2747 times

𒈟
ncrecc

Re: What if Deflektor had some elements from Mindbender

Post by ncrecc »

very cute retro thing ... for a minute i thought it was based on an actual version of deflektor or something