Music artwork doesn't work

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

mat

Music artwork doesn't work

Post by mat »

"Music artwork" and "Override level music" settings stopped working.
Eizzoux

Re: Music artwork doesn't work

Post by Eizzoux »

From what I have just checked, it seems to be working just fine, both custom music and music override.
Are you sure you checked everything? What exactly happens for you? Is the game just playing default R'n'D music on any levelset? For the last case, I'd recommend you just switch music override to 'no', so whatever music artwork you apply in settings won't apply to levelsets with their custom music.
If that's something else, then can you describe in details?
𒈟
mat

Post by mat »

Yes, the game always plays "classic music". Music override set to "no" (or "auto") doesn't change anything. I've tested the settings with EMC collection (on Linux and Android).

Edit: I've checked other level sets and the bug occurs as well.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Thanks, mat, I will check this. (Indeed I changed some things in the custom music code, and apparently broke something. :( )
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Just tested this with the latest game version (4.3.6.0), and apparently I wasn't able to reproduce the problem you encountered.

I tested the following (default music, no custom music):

- select level set "Sokoban" from "Classic Original Games"
- this level set has no own music, but uses the default game music
- when playing, the default game music ("classic music") is played

Then I tested the following (selected custom music), hoping this is what you did:

- same level set "Sokoban" as before
- go to "Setup -> Custom Artwork -> Custom Music"
- select custom music from folder "Emerald Mine Club": either "Emerald Mine (Kingsoft)" or "Emerald Mine (no music)"
- this is as expected, because neither of these music sets contain in-game music
- "Override Level Music" set to "no" all the time

I also tested the following (selected custom music):

- select custom music from "BD2K3" (first test) or "Andreas Buschbeck" (second test)
- when playing, the selected custom game music is played

This tests both music specifically defined per-level ("BD2K2") and "unconfigured" custom music ("AB Graph Musicset 1", which just uses a bunch of WAV files thrown into the custom "music" directory, but without defining specific levels to play certain music files).

Have I overseen something which triggers the problem you encountered? :?
mat

Post by mat »

Generally I see the things above but I don't understand the following:

1. The original Emerald Mine game doesn't have a background music so if you play the levelset "Emerald Mine (Kingsoft)" (or another from EMC collection), no music should be played for that matter. If you change a levelset from an EMC levelset to another that is outside the collection (or vice versa), you have to rifle through game settings to play with the original music (or a lack of it) every time you make a change.

2. If the custom music artwork "Emerald Mine (Kingsoft)" and "Emerald Mine (no music)" have no music, what is a purpose of adding them to the game? If one of them is set as the custom music and the override option is set to "yes", the default music will be played anyway.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

You are right, of course! :shock:
- select custom music from folder "Emerald Mine Club": either "Emerald Mine (Kingsoft)" or "Emerald Mine (no music)"
- this is as expected, because neither of these music sets contain in-game music
Indeed! This is not how it should work! If these music sets contain no in-game music, this is what should be played in the game: No music! :o

This bug was not introduced between versions 4.3.5.0 and 4.3.6.0 (which I thought and tested, and where I could not find a change because there is none), but already between 4.3.4.0 and 4.3.5.0! :shock:

Will check and fix this! :cry:
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Fixed! :)