X-Box Controllers

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

infinite-recursion

X-Box Controllers

Post by infinite-recursion »

I have trouble getting my X-Box controllers (one X-Box One standard controller, one X-Box Elite 2 controller) to work with R'n'D. They are recognized as 'Joystick 1' and 'Joystick 2', but neither when playing or in the controller setup screen does the game seem to register any button presses.

They are connected through a dedicated dongle and work reliably in PC games and also some random 'Controller Tester' app from the Microsoft Store. However, in the X-Box Accessories app, I see both controllers but when entering the test mode, the app also registers no button presses.

Has anybody else encountered a similar problem?

For the time being, I also have two original One-Button Competition Pros connected through a USB adapter, and will use these (plus a keyboard key for dynamite).
infinite-recursion

Re: X-Box Controllers

Post by infinite-recursion »

Update: After a reboot, the controllers now work in R'n'D and in the X-Box Accessories app, so this seems to have been some OS level driver issue. In any case, I find that I still cannot get used to playing this game with a D-pad.

One issue I am having is that the assignment of Joystick 1 - 4 seems to be somewhat random. The Competition Pros were configured as 1 and 2, but after quitting and immediately restarting the game, they were 3 and 4. Also, when one of the controllers gets turned off, and it was not Joystick 4, then the other joysticks are renumbered. This is not a major issue - I can just only plug in or turn on the input devices I actually want to use - but I am wondering why it is not possible to explicitly assign the devices. The game does know their OS level names, as they are shown on the configuration screen, but when assigning them to the players, only the abstract names are used, which makes assigning specific controllers to specific players somewhat difficult.