Tip for high score chasers: use TAS snap keys

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ncrecc

Tip for high score chasers: use TAS snap keys

Post by ncrecc »

Setup>Key Shortcuts>TAS Snap Keys. These keys let you snap objects without actually holding the "Snap Field" key or any of the movement keys. It seems these were implemented for the step-by-step mode (hence "TAS"), where snapping isn't normally possible since it requires holding two keys, but they're nice to use in real-time as well. My current setup is WASD to move, arrow keys to TAS-snap, Right Ctrl for regular snap (rare), and Right Shift to drop objects, though I'm still undecided on whether drop/snap should be Shift/Ctrl or Ctrl/Shift.

One caveat is that you can't TAS snap while moving, and pressing a TAS snap key prevents you from moving and cancels out whatever direction you're holding until you press it again, though that probably stems from the snap keys not being strictly intended for real-time play.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Tip for high score chasers: use TAS snap keys

Post by Holger »

Just as a short note: You should be able to use the "snap" key without problems also in single-step mode. :-)