Level completion coloring for finished levels gets reset for a levelset after finishing a level

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

BryanFRitt

Level completion coloring for finished levels gets reset for a levelset after finishing a level

Post by BryanFRitt »

If you click on the levelset set numbers a list will pop up for levels to choose. Completed levels are in green, attempted but not completed in yellow, and unattempted levels in red.

Occasionally when I finish a level all the levels for the level set will turn red like I never even completed a level in the level set. The "HALL OF FAME" still shows me as having finished the level(s), but the levels are still shown in red.

rocksndiamonds-4.1.3.0 compiled with

Code: Select all

make --debug
on KDE+Compiz Debian Stable
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Level completion coloring for finished levels gets reset for a levelset after finishing a level

Post by Holger »

Hm, sounds weird! So this bug can not be reproduced in a deterministic way, but only happens every now and then? Or is there a way to always reproduce it?

I will check if I am able to reproduce this...
BryanFRitt

Re: Level completion coloring for finished levels gets reset for a levelset after finishing a level

Post by BryanFRitt »

This had happened when I was doing a level in the 'CONTRIBUTIONS' > 'CONTRIBUTIONS 2005' > 'MARTIJN MODIJ - EMERALD HUNTER'.
It might have been level 20?
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.
BryanFRitt

Post by BryanFRitt »

This same levelset reset the level completion coloring back to red again for all it's levels. Not sure what caused/when it happened this time, just started RocksNDiamonds and saw that they were all red again for this levelset.
filbo

Post by filbo »

> Completed levels are in green, attempted but not completed in yellow, and unattempted levels in red.

I was unaware of this, because for me, all levels are always shown in green. I see a menu with items like:

023: LEVEL 23
024: LEVEL 24

-- in which all digits are green and all other characters are blue. What am I missing?
BryanFRitt

Post by BryanFRitt »

I was unaware of this, because for me, all levels are always shown in green. I see a menu with items like:

023: LEVEL 23
024: LEVEL 24
Levels completed will be in all green. Levels started started but never completed will be in all yellow. and Levels never started will be in all red. [at least for me]
Rocks'n'Diamonds main menu > click on on numbers on the right of 'LEVELSET'
What 'CUSTOM GRAPHICS' theme are you using? Maybe it has something to do with this?
Rocks'n'Diamonds Main menu > 'SETUP' > 'CUSTOM ARTWORK' > 'CUSTOM GRAPHICS'.
I'm using The 'WIDESCREEN MODE [1920x1080]' theme I found in these forums, but the level history based coloring also works this way when I switch it to 'CLASSIC' or 'CLASSIC GRAPHICS'.
filbo

Post by filbo »

I'm using no custom graphics at all. Perhaps it is different in EMC levels -- basically every levelset has (or potentially has) its own custom graphics. Currently in levelset 'Emerald Mine Club' -> 'Emerald Mine 10'. aka "$RO_GAME_DIR/levels/Emerald Mine Club/emc_emerald_mine_10"
BryanFRitt

Post by BryanFRitt »

filbo wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:14 am I'm using no custom graphics at all. Perhaps it is different in EMC levels -- basically every levelset has (or potentially has) its own custom graphics. Currently in levelset 'Emerald Mine Club' -> 'Emerald Mine 10'. aka "$RO_GAME_DIR/levels/Emerald Mine Club/emc_emerald_mine_10"
Here's my screenshot for Emerald Mine Club Emerald Mine 10 using 'CLASSIC GRAPHICS'.
solved in green, played but not solved in yellow, not played in red
EmeraldMineClub-EmeraldMine10.png
EmeraldMineClub-EmeraldMine10.png (30.87 KiB) Viewed 4454 times
To set theme...
Main Menu > 'SETUP' > 'CUSTOM ARTWORK' > 'CUSTOM GRAPHICS' > 'CLASSIC GRAPHICS' OR 'EMERALD MINE 10' (Both produced the same screenshot according to kdiff3)
To go to select level to play...
'EMERALD MINE CLUB' > 'EMERALD MINE 10' > click on level number
filbo

Post by filbo »

Aha! I get the same results as you if I turn on (what I had turned off), Setup > Custom Artwork > Override Level Graphics.

It seems odd that using 'override level graphics' to override EMC Emerald Mine 10 with EMC Emerald Mine 10's graphics causes a change; but, it does.

Holger, what's going on here?
filbo

Post by filbo »

Ooooh, even weirder.

Before I started playing with this, 'Override Level Graphics' was 'Auto', 'Custom Graphics' was 'Classic Graphics'. And what I saw looked one way.

I changed 'Override' to 'Yes', and saw the other thing (classic graphics with color-coded levels).
I changed 'Override' back to 'Auto', and still saw classic graphics.
I changed 'Override' to 'No', and saw the original thing.
I changed 'Override' back to 'Auto', and saw classic graphics.

So now, no matter which I have visited recently, 'Auto' always shows classic graphics.

(All tested during a single run. I wasn't saving settings, so I'm pretty sure if I exit and re-enter it'll be back to the 'other' graphics. In fact, yes, that's what happens.)
rnd.png
rnd.png (37.06 KiB) Viewed 4415 times