What if Deflektor had some elements from Mindbender

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

What if Deflektor had some elements from Mindbender

Post by Eizzoux »

I don't know why, but I changed some MM elements visually just to "add new elements" to Deflektor.
lifx.png
lifx.png (203.45 KiB) Viewed 123737 times
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: What if Deflektor had some elements from Mindbender

Post by Holger »

Wow, that's cool! :D

Never thought about something like this, although it seems obvious when looking at your screenshot! Of course you can mix game elements from Deflektor and Mindbender (same game engine), but visually matching game elements so they fit to the graphical theme is indeed a cool idea! :)
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

Okay, now I feel like I've gone a little bit too far...
fdsdg.png
fdsdg.png (250.53 KiB) Viewed 122995 times
𒈟
ncrecc

Post by ncrecc »

I really like what you did with the light bulbs at the top being wired to the receiver (assuming those are reskinned light bulbs).
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

Well, looks like for now I can't do explosion animation for an individual MM/DF element since only kettles has their unique animation.
Honeycam 2019-03-27 16-52-51.gif
Honeycam 2019-03-27 16-52-51.gif (39.47 KiB) Viewed 122979 times
(This animation in gif is recreated with CEs)
𒈟
Eizzoux

Reflektor

Post by Eizzoux »

Whatever, here's a preview video:
YouTube
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Wow!! Really cool graphics and music! I hope your "Reflektor" level set will be finished and released soon! :D

It think it should then be prominently featured at the "Levels & Artwork" and the "Mirror Magic" pages! :)

I especially like the MOD music -- could you please post the playlist? :D
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Well, looks like for now I can't do explosion animation for an individual MM/DF element since only kettles has their unique animation.
Unfortunately, yes.

However, what you can do is using "[mm_default].exploding" to redefine explosions for all MM and DF style elements.

But the MM/DF game engine still lacks support for individual redefinitions, that's right.

I hope I will be able to change this in the not-too-far future...
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

Holger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:58 am However, what you can do is using "[mm_default].exploding" to redefine explosions for all MM and DF style elements.
Well, yeah, that cound work, but since cells are exploding more often than bombs, I, maybe, should leave it for now.
On other side, I could replace kettles with cell sprite and do default explosion for it, then replace default MM explosion like you said, but df_laser and mm_mcduffin will be exploding like mm_bomb then.
𒈟
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

Holger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:27 am I especially like the MOD music -- could you please post the playlist? :D
Oh, sorry, I somehow missed that message, noticed just now... whatever. Sure, here:
4-mat of Anarchy - starworx_v2.mod
Baroque - virtual-monotone.mod
Strobo - sparkling_remix.mod
𒈟
Eizzoux

Reflektor and... Reflektor in style of Amiga Deflektor?

Post by Eizzoux »

So yeah, there's a little comparison screenshot what one of Reflektor levels would look like in two different styles: Deflektor in Mirror Magic and Deflektor for Commodore Amiga. So I'm planning to make two different styles for this levelset to be chosen. Elements are pretty much done, I only need to draw some individual menu and interface graphics like in Deflektor for C.Amiga to make it look decent... and yeah, then finish remaining levels.
djknfjd.png
djknfjd.png (174.27 KiB) Viewed 121673 times
𒈟
Eizzoux

Project "Reflektor" is retired

Post by Eizzoux »

Well, seems like I was an unlucky guy who managed to completely lose his works, removed without a trace. Specifically, I got almost all of my data completely gone out of existence, including Reflektor, including R'n'D 64, including lots of non-R'n'D stuff as well... In other words, I don't have any backups of those, so the only way of getting them back is by starting them all over again, from scratch, and for now I'm just not psychically ready for that, not now... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone, I wish you all good things, including not losing all of your work into complete nothingness.
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Hi Eizzoux, despite all you've written, I wish you a good new year! Have seen your post a few days later than it should be, because I still get no notifications for new forum posts by mail anymore. No idea what's going wrong there. Whatever.
Well, seems like I was an unlucky guy who managed to completely lose his works, removed without a trace.
OMG, what has happened?! Hard disk crash? Fatal user error? What about backups? :o
Specifically, I got almost all of my data completely gone out of existence, including Reflektor, including R'n'D 64, including lots of non-R'n'D stuff as well...
Oh no!!! :o :(

Please not Reflektor, and please not R'n'D 64! :-o I was still looking forward to both of these projects of yours, especially R'n'D 64, but also new Deflektor style levels! :-(
In other words, I don't have any backups of those
Nothing uploaded to cheap or free cloud drives, like you used for offering most of your cool stuff for download here?

No chance to recover some stuff from partially overwritten or broken disks? (I did this once using "ddrescue" on a failed hard disk, to recover stuff I did not have a backup for, even though I really try hard that this never happens, using an automated, multi-stage backup strategy using internal and external hard disks, plus offline drives inside and outside the house to be prepared for most cases of disaster.)
so the only way of getting them back is by starting them all over again, from scratch, and for now I'm just not psychically ready for that, not now...
Which I totally understand. :(
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone, I wish you all good things, including not losing all of your work into complete nothingness.
Same to you and to all people in this forum! Take care of your creative work! :-|
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

P.S.: Please let me know if you need anything of your works you have provided here in the forum for download. I should have downloaded and stored nearly everything you have created and offered for us here, and I could pack it into a giant 7z archive which you could download from one of my servers, if this would help you in any way. Just let me know, and I'll do that! :)
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

The only raw files of major recent projects I uploaded for last three or four years were only:
  • Android Viewport (Questionable Android Viewport test topic) which I haven't changed after uploading so no loss here, I myself have access to it, I can just download it myself.
  • At least two archives of raw Cave Chaos 2 in R'n'D with only one test level. Same as with A.V., I haven't done much after uploading these so not a big deal, can download it myself.
  • Rocks'n'diamonds 64 - I was only showing some of the screenshots and GIFs showcasing some of the quirks like additional animations, "mods" switchable via putting additional conf files. There was a lot of progress which I sadly couldn't restore. I didn't upload any archives of it.
  • Same with R'n'D 64, I was only posting screenshots and even a video showcasing first 10 levels. I had plans to make two variations one with visuals similar to MM's standard gfx and other similar to Deflektor for Commodore Amiga (levels would be all the same for both). One more thing, I actually had third additional levelset for that package which was using mixed visuals of Reflektor and R'n'D and was supposed to have overly hard and unfair levels that were made to complete in few seconds (basically almost speedran via TAS). Of course, no footage on hands, so can't provide anything to prove that. Again, no possible backup files online.
About the loss - the files were lost due to the disk crash. And I tried to restore the files, but... No success. It restored most of the files themselves, yeah, but only their vessels, while all of their interior is jumbled and corrupted. Basically almost no files were valid except a couple of unrelated PNG pictures each under 1 Kb. None of the related stuff made it out in it's finest, only pure mess. I don't know if there's any other way to properly restore them, but I tried my best, at least my current best.
𒈟