Android - Network server hostname and numbers

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

jkkk

Android - Network server hostname and numbers

Post by jkkk »

Hello! :)

I found a weird bug on Android. When you enter the numbers for the server hostname, the game will place these numbers twice! The more strange thing is that the bug appears only if the "letter" keyboard is visible. If you toggle to the special chars such as @, #, $ etc., everything works well.

Sorry for my english
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Android - Network server hostname and numbers

Post by Holger »

I have just checked this on Android, and I wasn't able to reproduce this problem (using the "normal" on-screen keybord).

On my Android phone, there is only one mode of the on-screen keyboard with both digits and special characters, so I will also check this on an Android tablet which has a different on-screen keyboard, if I remember correctly...

Update: Just tested it on an Android tablet, but without being able to reproduce this problem either.
filbo

Post by filbo »

On-screen keyboard is 'just another app' on Android. Google provide one or two; most vendors also provide one; and there are quite a few 3rd party choices with all kinds of features like swiping, Chinese character input, etc.

SO, it's important to know which keyboard app is being used. Possibly also its setup, e.g. which native language key layout it's configured to offer by default.
jkkk

Post by jkkk »

I use G-board. When I toggled to Swift-key, the problem occurs regardless to what layout is on / visible (alphanumeric or special).

In R'n'D, the numbers appear in the bar (above the keyboard) where a dictionary suggests you words to enter in other apps (in the case when the alphanumeric is shown). If the numbers are placed below that bar, everything is fine.

I guess it's a fault of my keyboard indeed...