Border stretches the playfield in the window

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Border stretches the playfield in the window

Post by Eizzoux »

Sometimes when the Mirror Magic screen loads the playfield gets stretched in height, so the door 2 gets hidden from the view, but the game still thinks all the buttons are on the intended positions.
I found out it happens because the border for MM is actually smaller than the window (border - 400, window - 440), so the difference of measurements of window and a border texture causes the game stretch like that.
That can be easily fixed by adding 40 more pixels in height to the border image so that won't happen ever again.
I tried experimenting with resizing the border in some different ways. The results were... pretty much expectable...
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Border stretches the playfield in the window

Post by Holger »

Very strange -- I have never seen this, on any platform (neither on Linux, Windows, Mac nor Android).

On which platform did you experience this weird behaviour?

How can this behaviour reproduced on that platform? (I know you wrote "sometimes", but any more detail on this? Like, did it happen around 50% of the time after starting the program? Is it "stable" then, I mean, does it disappear when going back and forth between menues? Or does it only disappear when restarting the program?

But thanks for your suggestion how to avoid this -- apparently it never happened when the background/border graphic had 440 pixels height?
Eizzoux

Re: Border stretches the playfield in the window

Post by Eizzoux »

Holger wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:04 pm On which platform did you experience this weird behaviour?
I'm getting that on Windows 7. I didn't try getting that on Android, gotta try that later some time.
Holger wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:04 pm How can this behaviour reproduced on that platform?
Actually, I only got it by loading a custom graphics set like "Deflektor Amiga gfx" in window mode, then turning on the Override level graphics option, saving, then turning off Override level graphics back, with saving too. Sometimes that happens, sometimes not, it's kind of random.
Holger wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:04 pm Is it "stable" then, I mean, does it disappear when going back and forth between menues? Or does it only disappear when restarting the program?
Yeah, it's pretty much stable, going between menues doesn't reset that kind of behavoir, only changing the graphics set fixes it.
Holger wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:04 pm apparently it never happened when the background/border graphic had 440 pixels height?
Nope, I tried few times, it never happened.
𒈟