F2 at menu before restart of game issues

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

BryanFRitt

F2 at menu before restart of game issues

Post by BryanFRitt »

From the start game menu (or whatever you call it) If F2 is used to continue from tape save, and then it is stopped in the middle of it's count up to where it's left off at point, that'll be the furthest in the playback it can go[i.e. can't stop and play it back further than that point], even if the tape is not saved over and the level is exited, unless the whole 'Rocks'N'Diamods' is exited.
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: F2 at menu before restart of game issues

Post by Holger »

I must admit that I'm not sure if I understand you right. :-(

Could you please describe in a bit more detail what's going wrong or what happens that you think should not happen (and what you think should happen instead).

I would be happy to try to help, but I'm a bit lost at the moment... :-o
BryanFRitt

Post by BryanFRitt »

Start up Rocks'N'Diamods, and select a level that has a tape that takes a while to get to it's point saved point. Press F2 for it to start going to the tape save position, but before it gets to the tape position press pause. Until exiting Rocks'N'Diamods all future attempts to get back to the saved spot with F2 will stop here instead of the the tape spot that was saved before starting the Rocks'N'Diamods level.

I can try to explain it again better and/or differently... just ask.
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

OK, got it! :-)

I'll have a look at it...