PalmOS3.5 port of RND: questions and answers

Discussion around programming R'n'D, its source code and its tools.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

DiPal

PalmOS3.5 port of RND: questions and answers

Post by DiPal »

In this thread we will speak about PalmOS3.5 port of Rocks'n'Diamonds.

> P.S. Is it possible to rearrange all IMG_*_EDITOR in conf_gfx.h after standard elements i.e.
> IMG_CHAR_CURSOR? It will save some memory for Palm port (because
> NUM_IMAGE_FILES for palm port was set to (4*IMG_CHAR_CURSOR+4*3)/4).

Do you mean: Putting all IMG_*_EDITOR definitions after the standard element definitions, and not between them?

I think this should be possible, because they are only internal values. I have a little Perl script that automatically creates these definitions, so I could try to re-arrange these definitions accordingly.
Yes, I meant to put all IMG_*_EDITOR definitions after the standard element definitions, and not between them.

I found 72 levelsets with 4187 levels for sokoban at http://www.sourcecode.se/sokoban/levels.php and wrote loading procedure for it. Should it be included in original RND?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I found 72 levelsets with 4187 levels for sokoban at
> http://www.sourcecode.se/sokoban/levels.php and wrote loading procedure for it. Should it be
> included in original RND?

Yes! This is something that I wanted to do since a long time -- support for loading "native" (text file) Sokoban levels and level sets! :-)
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

I wasn't even aware there was a standardized file format for Sokoban, what with the 37 versions floating around...
DiPal

Post by DiPal »

Holger
See updated sources.
LoadLevelFromFileInfo_SK in files.c
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> See updated sources.
> LoadLevelFromFileInfo_SK in files.c

OK, so I've downloaded the following files
- RoNDi.zip
- RoNDi_srcs.zip
- RoNDi_converter.zip

The first two seem to be newer, while the third one seems to be the same as before.

Are there any other new files/archives?

What are the main changes? Just curious, I'll install it on my Palm anyway... :-)
DiPal

Post by DiPal »

Holger
All archives are the same, but at sources I add Socoban2Parts, which split one levelset text sokoban file into separate level files.

What are the main changes?
Well, in level 24 of Supaplex (I was playing it a week ago) there was many inactive elements (gravity tubes) which I forgot to optimize.
Of course, I made sokoban levelsets and now I am playing in Boxxle1 (gameboy version of sokoban by Thinking Rabbit Inc). Oops, forgot to describe _param.txt for sokoban levels in converter:(
And main changes was made for messagebox system (now all messages with parameters looks like I want).

Now I am thinking on color port, but I need all tiles as 8-bit 16*16. I spent about 20 hours of receiving greyscale 16*16 tiles and I think it will be much difficult to make color 8-bit palm-palleted 16*16 tiles:(

Post by Guest »

DiPal wrote:Holger
All archives are the same, but at sources I add Socoban2Parts, which split one levelset text sokoban file into separate level files.

What are the main changes?
Well, in level 24 of Supaplex (I was playing it a week ago) there was many inactive elements (gravity tubes) which I forgot to optimize.
Of course, I made sokoban levelsets and now I am playing in Boxxle1 (gameboy version of sokoban by Thinking Rabbit Inc). Oops, forgot to describe _param.txt for sokoban levels in converter:(
And main changes was made for messagebox system (now all messages with parameters looks like I want).

Now I am thinking on color port, but I need all tiles as 8-bit 16*16. I spent about 20 hours of receiving greyscale 16*16 tiles and I think it will be much difficult to make color 8-bit palm-palleted 16*16 tiles:(