Thanks and a wish for help

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Chewie

Thanks and a wish for help

Post by Chewie »

Hello, i found this week Rocks'n'Diamonds.
In former times my father and I were on the C64 and the Amiga very big fans from Boulder dash and Emerald Mine and my father was by the way the "developer" from the "Laser" - Variants.
Therefore also the joy was giant large, when we discovered in the Emerald mine Club package the variant "Laser Boulder Dash II".

Big thanks to all of them who make it possible after so many years!

Now I found the original disks (2 pcs.) of my father in the Internet as .ADF files.
Who could get me the levels out there so that we can play them in Rocks'n'Diamonds?

Andreas
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

hi,
welcome to the forum!
best is you provide a link here to the adf files and Holger (the author of the game) will make them suitable to play in RnD.
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Chewie

Post by Chewie »

Thanks for answer. I dont know on which site i found them, so i upload them on a file hoster.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-26 ... .adf.html

http://www.file-upload.net/download-26 ... .adf.html

Each file has size of 880kb.

Nice weekend
Andreas
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Hello Chewie, welcome to the R'n'D forum! :-)

> In former times my father and I were on the C64 and the Amiga very big
> fans from Boulder dash and Emerald Mine and my father was by the way
> the "developer" from the "Laser" - Variants.

Wow, that's cool!

> Therefore also the joy was giant large, when we discovered in the Emerald
> mine Club package the variant "Laser Boulder Dash II".

The joy is also on my side, and I am very thankful for this contribution to the Emerald Mine community! There are so many (mostly unknown, and unpraised) people behind those many EMC disks who created all these additional Emerald Mine levels, and I am happy to be able to provide the nostalgic gaming experience, including original levels, graphics, sounds and title graphics also for the next generation! :-)

> Now I found the original disks (2 pcs.) of my father in the Internet as .ADF files.
> Who could get me the levels out there so that we can play them in Rocks'n'Diamonds?

I've just downloaded both ADF files, and I will create a level package for R'n'D from these Amiga floppy disk images for you, ready to plug into R'n'D and play! :-)

Please stand by...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Please stand by...

Just to tell that I haven't forgotten about it -- but not enough time to arrange the conversion yet. (I didn't want to convert it together with the whole bunch of EMC disks (which would be easier), so this needs a a little bit of manual tweaking...)
dave

Re: Thanks and a wish for help

Post by dave »

Chewie wrote:Hello, i found this week Rocks'n'Diamonds.
In former times my father and I were on the C64 and the Amiga very big fans from Boulder dash and Emerald Mine and my father was by the way the "developer" from the "Laser" - Variants.
Therefore also the joy was giant large, when we discovered in the Emerald mine Club package the variant "Laser Boulder Dash II".

Big thanks to all of them who make it possible after so many years!

Now I found the original disks (2 pcs.) of my father in the Internet as .ADF files.
Who could get me the levels out there so that we can play them in Rocks'n'Diamonds?

Andreas
Laser Emerald Mine was the first emerald mine i ever played! You got me hooked on Emerald Mine!
Level 16 was my favorite for _ages_ I loved how you could choose which room to do first, so I could practise getting every diamond :-)
My disk was broken so I never knew what levels 17-23 were until now!

I have gone ahead and uploaded Emerald Mine for X11 with your levels to: http://www.file-upload.net/download-270 ... d.zip.html

The conversion was done with the tools included in the zip file quick and painless. Enjoy!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Chewie:
> Now I found the original disks (2 pcs.) of my father in the Internet as .ADF files.
> Who could get me the levels out there so that we can play them in Rocks'n'Diamonds?

OK, I've finally thrown both ADF files into my conversion script! The result is what I already suspected: Both disks are identical to the already existing two "laser" EMC disks (which are themselves in large parts identical, by the way). (There are also no new game graphics, sounds or title screens when compared to the existing level sets.)

So just use the two sets "Laser Boulderdash II" and/or "Laser Emerald Mine" from the current "Emerald Mine Club" level collection!

dave:
> My disk was broken so I never knew what levels 17-23 were until now!

Never tried those two "laser" EMC level sets all the time? They are also part of your own conversion of R'n'D's EMC collection for Emerald Mine for X11 (sets "laser_boulder_dash_2" and "laser_emerald_mine")! ;-)

But no wonder, I expect to find new EMC levels (and even sets) I've never seen or played before among those over 500 sets for a long time... :-)

> I have gone ahead and uploaded Emerald Mine for X11 with your levels

Thanks anyway! It's always good to have a choice! :)
dave

Post by dave »

> R'n'D's EMC collection

didnt know R'n'D owned that
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> didnt know R'n'D owned that

R'n'D does not "own it". I just built it for easy use by R'n'D from the original EMC disks.

I think you already knew that. ;-)