unsolvable level 138 from microban

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

sokoban

unsolvable level 138 from microban

Post by sokoban »

Hello,

It seems to me that Sokoban's level 138 from Microban is unsolvable.

level 138 from Microban from
http://www.artsoft.org/RELEASES/rocksnd ... -1.0.0.zip
taken from http://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/levels.html

comments?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

I agree. Seems like one object is missing. There are 5 fields and only 4 objects, making it unsolveable.

I runned RND Scripter BETA 3 (will be released soon) on some of those Sokoban levelsets with a "Sokoban level check" script and it returned the following:

Code: Select all

NOTE: Fields and objects unequal, found (fields, objects): 20, 24
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_mas_sasquatch\048.level

NOTE: Fields and objects unequal, found (fields, objects): 19, 18
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_mas_sasquatch\020.level

NOTE: Fields and objects unequal, found (fields, objects): 6, 7
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sasquatch_1\015.level

NOTE: There should be only one player on the map, there are: 0
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sasquatch_1\006.level

NOTE: Element is not Sokoban-related: 345
NOTE: Element is not Sokoban-related: 7
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sasquatch_3\048.level

NOTE: Fields and objects unequal, found (fields, objects): 4, 8
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sasquatch_4\008.level

NOTE: Fields and objects unequal, found (fields, objects): 6, 5
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sokomania_spaceship_1\032.level

NOTE: Fields and objects unequal, found (fields, objects): 2, 3
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sokomania_spaceship_2\339.level

Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sokomania_spaceship_2\254.level

NOTE: Fields and objects unequal, found (fields, objects): 15, 14
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sokomania_spaceship_2\202.level

Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sokomania_spaceship_2\198.level

NOTE: Fields and objects unequal, found (fields, objects): 7, 4
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sokomania_spaceship_2\146.level

NOTE: Fields and objects unequal, found (fields, objects): 9, 7
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sokomania_spaceship_2\134.level

NOTE: Fields and objects unequal, found (fields, objects): 13, 12
Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sokomania_spaceship_2\029.level
Gravity port making level unsolveable in
C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sokomania_spaceship_1\004.level
(I found that thing by manually, by pure luck. Let me know if you want a script to do those checks ;))

Also note that I skipped the "Element is sokoban related" check for the sb_sokomania_spaceship levelsets. Running that check as well would result in a lot of reports about sokoban unrelated elements.

The "Is sokoban level" script is based on the Rules for Sokoban levels in the RnD documentation by Francesco
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Zomis wrote:Gravity port making level unsolveable in
C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sokomania_spaceship_1\004.level
(I found that thing by manually, by pure luck. Let me know if you want a script to do those checks ;))
Too late, just added a few lines in my current script to make that check ;)

No more gravity ports found :)
sokoban

Re: unsolvable level 138 from microban

Post by sokoban »

sokoban wrote: It seems to me that Sokoban's level 138 from Microban is unsolvable.

level 138 from Microban from
http://www.artsoft.org/RELEASES/rocksnd ... -1.0.0.zip
taken from http://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/levels.html

comments?
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that of all 155 level of microban, only level 138 is unsolvable.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I just wanted to let you know that of all 155 level of microban, only level
> 138 is unsolvable.

That's good to know! Do you have the tape files from solving them? They could then be added as reference solutions to this set!
sokoban

Post by sokoban »

Holger wrote:> I just wanted to let you know that of all 155 level of microban, only level
> 138 is unsolvable.

That's good to know! Do you have the tape files from solving them? They could then be added as reference solutions to this set!
sent via email to info@artsoft.org
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Thanks! :-)
sokoban

Post by sokoban »

Zomis wrote: I agree. Seems like one object is missing. There are 5 fields and only 4 objects, making it unsolveable.

I runned RND Scripter BETA 3 (will be released soon) on some of those Sokoban levelsets with a "Sokoban level check" script and it returned the following:

Code: Select all

Processing Level: C:\Documents and Settings\Zomis\My Documents\Rocks'n'Diamonds\levels\Extra\Sokoban\sb_sasquatch_1\006.level
I just ran into this. Indeed level 6 in sasquatch is pretty hard to win.
sokoban

SB sokomania_spaceship_1 level4

Post by sokoban »

is the level 4 of the sb sokomania_spaceship_1 solveable?

what folks think?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

I quote myself:
So the answer is: No, that level is not solveable because of the gravity port.
sokoban

Post by sokoban »

Zomis wrote:I quote myself:
So the answer is: No, that level is not solveable because of the gravity port.
ah, so this is what gravity port is.
Emceegy

Post by Emceegy »

Hi

Can the level be edited to add the missing element in Microban level 138 ?

I tried adding Readonly: false to the config file but I am not allowed to save it

That is using notepad in Windows7 64 bit

The game runs fine

Emceegy