Music on/off shortcut?

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Dark

Music on/off shortcut?

Post by Dark »

Hi.

I like the Rnd music, but I have to admit that after a long while working away at the same level a change would be nice.

I was therefore wondering if perhaps there could be a hotkey, (for instance M), to turn music during the game on and off. I know it could be changed in options, but having an instant method would obviously speed things up a lot, and mean the music could be flicked on and off as the player wanted during a game.

Something similar could be used for looping sounds as well, ---- though personally i've never really been inclined to turn them off anyway.

Another advantage to this, is that as rnd is so nice about running when other programs are running, the player could flick off the music and use Winamp or similar to play their own cd's.

Appologies if this is a random idea, it was just a thought.
Nathan H.

Post by Nathan H. »

There are three buttons on the sidebar that toggle music, repeating sounds, and normal sounds on or off. They're right under the stop, pause, and play buttons, respectively.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Appologies, sinse I am visually impared and do not use a mouse, i forget exactly what is on the sidebar, so didn't know about said buttons.
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

A keyboard shortcut would still be nice, but some people who have different sets of keys assigned for players 1-4 are running out of keys. :wink:

There are still a few function keys left.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Dark

Post by Dark »

hmmm, i must admit I didn't think about that one.

I've already had a word with holger about putting in keys to opperate the tape recorder, sinse that's the one thing i can't access at the moment, ----- and I'd really! like to see the solutions for some levels sinse they're making my brain hurt lol!

but i must admit i hadn't considdered four players running out of keys, and I certainly wouldn't want accessibility related stuff causing problems for other people.

Perhaps you could either have an option in the keyboard settings menue to turn use of keyboard shortcut keys on or off, or you could just have the shortcut keys not defigned at start up, so you need to manually set them either in the keyboard menue (or in my case by editing the setup conf file), if you want them.