put scores somewhere else...

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

andrzejj9

Post by andrzejj9 »

Holger wrote:> > I might add some config file options to explicitly specify the paths to the
> > various directories...

> what about an in-game option? just in the setup menu?

As most people won't care about this and simply use the defaults, it wouldn't make much sense to put this into the setup menu (besides the fact that it would be quite a little problem to be able to specify long path names there). Those few who really want a different location for certain files and directories won't mind to edit some simple config files, I think...
Hi,

I would be very interested in changing the Documents directory to something else (best if it could be the game directory - in my case it is: "D:\Gierki\rocksndiamonds-3.2.4"). For some reason I cannot keep the game's files in Documents directory and wasn't able to change it on my own.

Could you tell me which files should I change?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

It is currently not easily possible to change the location of files and directories for R'n'D data in a simple config file -- this was just an idea how it could be done in the future. It is possible though to change it in the Makefile to build a new binary with different paths, but this is most probably not what you want.

For a portable version of R'n'D, it would be useful to specify these paths for data written by R'n'D on the command line. This would also allow for building a batch file to start R'n'D with these options, which could solve your problem, too. But currently these command-line options don't exist yet...
HerzAusGold

Post by HerzAusGold »

You can use RndTest instead. It have a "-profile=" switch.
And the answer is ... 42 !