Is it only me or...? (3.2.4)

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Forty-niner

Is it only me or...? (3.2.4)

Post by Forty-niner »

I tried playing 3.2.4 recently... but there is something wrong! Whenever my character does the Snap Field thing, the guy gets stuck and won't move unless I press it 2-3 more times! Does anyone know whether I'm the only one to get this and whether this problem could be fixed?

EDIT: I tried tampering with the settings and it appears that this only happens when I set the Left Shift as the snap field button. Strange, 'cause it didn't happen in earlier versions. Any help?
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

What operating system are you playing R'n'D on? Are you having any problems with using Right Shift?
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Forty-niner

Post by Forty-niner »

Indeed I do, I just didn't notice since I don't use that in R&D. I'm using XP.
Davacardo

Post by Davacardo »

Do you perhaps have StickyKeys enabled? Is the keyboard working properly - does shift "lock" on other programs?
Alan

Post by Alan »

Do you perhaps have StickyKeys enabled? Is the keyboard working properly - does shift "lock" on other programs?
Don't these activate only if you press shift lots of times? (and there'd be a popup window too)
Davacardo

Post by Davacardo »

Yes, but that's not the only way to activate it. A pop-up windows doesn't necessarily always appear. And you can turn it on, and it will stay on until you turn it off again.
My theory is: press Shift, and StickyKeys leaves shift on until you press a letter/number or shift again. Hence, RnD might think Shift is being held down, and the player won't move cause they're still snapping fields.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

No idea what's going on here, but it seems to be a Windows (or Windows XP) only problem (although I never noticed something like that on either Linux, Mac or Windows (98, 2000 or XP)). Earlier versions of R'n'D even had the left/right Shift keys as the default snap/drop key, but I never got such a bug report before. (Now the default is the left/right Ctrl key.)

I also though of that Sticky Shift keys of Windows XP, but (like Alan) I thought that it would behave differently...
Forty-niner

Post by Forty-niner »

Davacardo wrote:Yes, but that's not the only way to activate it. A pop-up windows doesn't necessarily always appear. And you can turn it on, and it will stay on until you turn it off again.
My theory is: press Shift, and StickyKeys leaves shift on until you press a letter/number or shift again. Hence, RnD might think Shift is being held down, and the player won't move cause they're still snapping fields.
Noes. What happens is that my guy gets stuck in the moving animation.