Multiplayer improvements

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Jannik

Multiplayer improvements

Post by Jannik »

I know, I asked for most of these things before, but here is a re-request to show you, that I'm still very interested in these improvements, Holger. :)

- working save and load with F1/F2 in multiplayer games
- improved speed for internet multiplayer, at least with the Emerald Mine engine
- optional information in the level files, for how many players the level is designed and working, best would be two values for minimum and maximum players
- maybe some database (with tapes) on www.artsoft.org, which levels (identified by a checksum?) are solvable (with a specific number of players), which could be extended by the users step by step ...

I know, it's very difficult to code, but at least the first one would be really great, thank you!

Jannik
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

In fact, I'm just working on some multiplayer related improvements (removing some bugs and clearing some things up), so this would fit.

I'll comment on your suggestions in more detail in a few days (hopefully)! :-)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> - working save and load with F1/F2 in multiplayer games

Just tested this and noticed no problems -- what exactly does not work for you here?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:> - working save and load with F1/F2 in multiplayer games

Just tested this and noticed no problems -- what exactly does not work for you here?
Did you test it in NETWORK multiplayer? Local multiplayer works fine. But I hardly doubt that network multiplayer works that great.
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

For me, local multiplayer isn't real "multiplayer", because I'm the only one who plays local multiplayer with me. 8)

In my post above I thought about network/internet multiplayer, of course! Sorry for not mentioning that ... :oops:
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

I have tried saving and loading on network multiplayer, too.

The problem, of course, is that only one client has the saved tape :!:
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.